If you’re on the hunt for a relaxed waterfront venue in Adelaide, Sammy’s on the Marina is the perfect place. This award-winning seafood restaurant is perched right on the water’s edge in a tranquil corner of Glenelg’s Holdfast Promenade. Floor-to-ceiling windows flood the venue with natural light and offer stunning views over the beach and Holdfast Marina. Sunsets here are nothing short of spectacular, forming a picture-perfect backdrop for your wedding celebrations.
There are three reception venue spaces to choose from at Sammy’s on the Marina — the High Tide Room, Balcony Room, and the Open Terrace. Each area offers spectacular views of the beach and the marina, with contemporary interiors and neutral colour schemes creating the perfect blank canvas setting for your wedding. You might choose to elevate your chosen space with elegant floral arrangements or elaborate table centrepieces. Alternatively, let the view at Sammy’s take centre stage and opt for minimal decor.
When it comes to the food, you’ll be blown away by the exceptional menu options at Sammy’s on the Marina. As one of Adelaide’s most iconic seafood restaurants, Sammy’s serves only the freshest seafood sourced locally in South Australia. Customisable wedding menus can be tailored to suit your personal tastes and dietary requirements. Options include delicious cocktail-style canapé menus, two and three-course set menus, and shared grazing platters.
“Sammy’s is pure perfection. The food is delectable, the ambience is inviting, the views are spectacular, and the service is brilliant. Lisa was knowledgeable, friendly, and her service was wonderful.” - Amanda A.
Top 3 things you’ll love about your Sammy’s on the Marina wedding:
- The waterfront location. Sammy’s enjoys a prime location on the water’s edge at Glenelg’s picturesque Holdfast Promenade. Overlooking the beach and the marina, this beautiful venue is an ideal place to soak up the views and admire stunning sunsets over the water. Sammy’s waterfront setting also allows for breathtaking wedding photos.
- The delicious food menus. This award-winning restaurant serves up some of the freshest locally sourced seafood in Adelaide. Depending on your wedding style, you can choose from mouthwatering canapé menus, two and three-course set menus and shared grazing platters.
- The exceptional service. Previous clients have praised the dedicated events staff at Sammy’s on the Marina for their attentiveness and professionalism. You’ll love working with the restaurant’s dedicated functions manager as you plan your dream wedding at this gorgeous waterfront restaurant.
Choose from 3 wedding reception venues at Sammy’s on the Marina:
- The High Tide Room. This private function room boasts floor-to-ceiling windows with breathtaking views of both the beach and the marina. The High Tide Room can accommodate up to 80 guests cocktail style or up to 50 guests in a seated capacity. It features a private bar and AV facilities, including a projector, screen, microphone, and speaker.
- The Balcony Room. The Balcony Room at Sammy’s also offers incredible views over the marina. With space to accommodate up to 50 standing guests or 25 seated, the Balcony Room is perfect for hosting smaller wedding receptions. A speaker, microphone, and music system can also be set up in this room.
- The Open Terrace. The Open Terrace offers a beautiful setting for intimate wedding celebrations and cocktail parties in Glenelg, with space for up to 40 standing and 30 seated guests. This stunning outdoor terrace overlooks the Holdfast Promenade and picturesque marina.
What Sammy’s on the Marina weddings are like:
- Picturesque waterfront location in Glenelg
- Floor-to-ceiling windows offering spectacular marina and beach views
- Award-winning seafood restaurant with delicious menus
- Three reception venue options to choose from
- Contemporary interiors with neutral colour schemes
- Cocktail-style canapé menus, set menus, and grazing platters
- Dedicated functions manager and friendly waitstaff
- AV facilities including microphone and speaker
Is there any accommodation near Sammy’s on the Marina?
There are plenty of hotels nearby in Glenelg, these include:
- Oaks Glenelg Liberty Suites
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
- Seawall Apartments
What are some of the nearby attractions to Sammy’s on the Marina?
- Holdfast Promenade
- Holdfast Marina
- Glenelg Beach
- The Beachouse
- The Giant Wheel
“Sammy’s is an excellent venue for functions and events. Right from the start when I contacted the function manager, it was a delightful and smooth process. He ensured that all our special requests were taken care of. I met the new head chef who actually designed the whole menu according to our choice and taste and food was so good. I should also mention the amazing service staff who were so attentive to all our guests’ needs and so professional. I cannot thank the whole Sammy’s team enough for this amazing function and experience.” - Manish T.