On the hunt for a gifted musician to add an aura of elegance and class to your wedding ceremony or reception? Then Southern Highlands’ April Cello is a terrific find. Experienced and versatile, April has been playing the cello at special occasions for more than 10 years. As a soloist, this talented musician uses a loop station, angelic vocals, and her trusty cello to play heavenly music at weddings and other special events.
“My passion for elegant music has led me to this point in my musical journey where I completely love creating a beautiful atmosphere at weddings and events." April Cello, Cellist
What you can expect when working with April Cello for your wedding:
- Beautiful music. April combines multiple strings with her beautiful vocals, resulting in the sound of a string quartet and a singer in one. So if you love the cello? This incredible performer is a good fit for your wedding.
- Experienced performer. With more than 10 years of experience under her belt, you can rest assured April is a fantastic performer, confident on stage, and knows a number of much-loved wedding songs.
- Dreamy vocals. April has an emotive voice that sounds dreamy when paired with her cello. Her beautiful voice also creates a romantic atmosphere - it’s perfect background music for when you walk down the aisle.
- Heart-warming performance. There’s something about the cello that often brings tears to our eyes, and this is especially true at weddings. Soulful and heartfelt, the cello is a beautiful, romantic instrument that makes us feel, and when April plays cello? It’s magical.
- Sophisticated atmosphere. April will create a romantic, elegant atmosphere with her cello, adding a touch of sophistication to your ceremony and reception.
Here’s what else you need to know about April Cello:
- Ceremony and reception music. April is versatile and flexible, and can perform her music at your wedding ceremony (walking down the aisle, cocktail hour) and during dinner - whatever you need really.
- Different genres. From classical music and contemporary pop hits (Coldplay and John Legend, anyone?) to romantic movie themes and catchy jazz tunes, April can play songs from a wide variety of genres.
- Location. April is based in the Southern Highlands, and often works with couples who have booked their wedding in this area. She also performs at weddings on the South Coast and the Illawarra regions.
- Violin & Cello Duo. April regularly performs at weddings with her violinist, Alex, and can offer a violin/cello/vocal combination on request!
“I love to combine the elegance of layered string music and beautiful vocals, creating my own arrangements of contemporary pop and classical favourites.” April Cello, Cellist