Aigwqld acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work and live, and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. I pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Situated in sunny Mackay, QLD, AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers is an exceptional native florist, owned by Kerri-Ann Currie and Nathan Nehow. This specialist florist supplies and harvests native grass tree leaves and foliage, and turns them into one-of-a-kind wedding bouquets and ceremony and reception floral arrangements. Also offering native floral baskets and gift boxes, this talented team of florists often provide stunning wedding flowers for couples across QLD, including Rockhampton, Townsville and the Whitsundays. Kerri-Ann and Nathan are committed to giving back, and ensure a percentage of everything they harvest goes back into local indigenous communities - this is something the pair are passionate about.
“We are committed to quality, ensuring our customers are satisfied with our native arrangements and maintaining our indigenous culture and heritage through our work.”
What you can expect when you book AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers for your wedding florals:
- Native flowers. AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers uses a number of native flowers in their beautiful wedding bouquets and floral arrangements, giving their florals a wonderfully Australian touch.
- Unique bouquets. The resulting wedding bouquets and floral arrangements are fresh, unique and one-of-a-kind. Just think: with unique florals comes special memories… whenever you see your wedding flowers in the wild they will always take you back to your wedding day.
- Personalised bouquet. AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers offers an extensive variety of native foliage to choose from, so you can customise your wedding bouquet based on what you like visually - or perhaps there is a native plant that has a special meaning you’d like included.
- Colours and styles. From brightly-coloured plants to foliage with earthy, neutral colours, AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers have plenty of colours, plants and styles to choose from.
- Numerous floral options. From arbour feature flowers and wreaths to bridal bouquets and native buttonholes, this native florist can work with couples to create beautiful, personalised floral designs for their wedding.
- Excellent service. You’ll receive nothing but excellent customer service and personalised guidance from this team of talented native florists.
“Beautiful flowers...arrangements are beautiful, nothing like wildflowers. Last longer.” Laurence
Here’s what else you need to know about AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers:
- Local indigenous communities benefit. Of their connection and commitment to the local indigenous communities, AIGW says: “Getting our mob back out in the bush working strengthens our connection to our country and we want to be able to work on our country for commercial activities that build, grow and sustain our identity, our culture and our traditions. Not only that, we want to build and sustain our communities and give our mob a sense of purpose and belonging. That is why a percentage of everything we harvest (foliage) will go back into these local indigenous communities as well as employ our people in these communities.”
- All occasions. While AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers harvest and produce bouquets and native floral arrangements for weddings frequently, they cater for all special occasions.
- Sustainably-sourced. AIGW Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers only sustainably sources grass trees when the plants will be destroyed due to the clearing of land.
- Suppliers of native foliage. Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers harvests in Mackay, but is a top supplier and sends their plants all around the world - including Europe, Asia and America.
Will couples meet you prior to their wedding day?
If you’re in the area, you are certainly welcome to meet with the team from Australian Indigenous Grasstrees & Wildflowers prior to the wedding day. This may be done as an in-person consultation, or alternatively - if you live a little further afield - you might like a phone consultation.
How would you recommend couples go about deciding on flower style?
Different coloured flowers have various meanings, so you might like to choose based on your wedding theme and the meaning behind the flower colour. For example, white is often associated with purity, honesty and integrity, red has a connection to love and passion, pink can be associated with femininity and compassion, while yellow represents friendship and trust. Alternatively, you might like to choose based on appearance, and what tickles your fancy!
What else would you like couples to know about what you do?
AIGW: We create native floral arrangements for weddings, functions, corporate events and funerals, and also supply a wide range of gift boxes, bouquets and wreaths. As well as special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, Anzac Day or Mothers Day.
“Beautiful bouquets and corsages.” Amiable AB