Muse Events & Catering sources local, quality produce to create delicious feasts designed to be shared and savoured. Specialising in live-fire BBQ catering using mobile custom-made smokers and grills, Muse harnesses the flavours of smoke and fire to plate dishes with generosity, heart and flair. They are family-owned by couple Daniel and Francesca, who have 30+ years of hospitality experience.
Muse Events & Catering cook their hand-selected, locally farmed produce right in front of you with Australian Redgum & Ironbark hardwoods — resulting in a delicious exploration of fire-cooked taste and texture. Combining a passion for fine food and a ‘made from scratch’ mentality, Muse sources its produce from small growers and producers who work with the seasons to create custom menus with the aid of fire, smoke, curing and fermentation.
Knowing that no two weddings are the same, the Muse Events & Catering team welcome the opportunity to tailor menus and service styles to the tastes and requirements of each couple and their guests.
Creatively pairing flavours, Muse Events & Catering will guide your guests from their welcome cocktail to house-made charcuterie and canapes to mains served individually or as a vibrant shared feast all plated on hand made wooden platters and decorated with foraged native greenery and flowers.
The mobile nature of Muse Events & Catering’s custom-built set-up allows them to enthusiastically accept catering bookings for regional weddings in Victoria, as well as events in Melbourne.
“Muse Catering was beyond amazing and has been such a pleasure to work with!”
What you’ll love about working with Muse Events & Catering for your wedding:
- Fresh & local produce sourced from local Victorian farmers and growers. Supporting small, quality growers is at the heart of every menu from Muse Catering & Events.
- A tight-knit team who are detail-oriented and unwaveringly professional. The Muse team takes pride in tending to every detail of your wedding menu and custom requests.
- Every sip and bite covered. The Muse Catering team are lovers of all things food and wine, ready and able to host everything from post-ceremony drinks to the reception dinner (and everything in-between).
What you can expect working with Muse Catering & Events for your wedding:
The team from Muse Catering & Events is committed to designing a menu personalised to the tastes and requirements of each individual wedding, as well as to best showcase the seasonal produce available.
The sample menu below is intended to inspire and offer a sense of Muse Events & Catering’s signature smoke and fire-based culinary flair.
WINTER WEDDING FEAST
'To share and enjoy together.'
- Grazing station with matching cocktails.
- A selection of roaming canapes and small bites straight from a live fire.
- Smoked pumpkin glazed in dijon and confit garlic, caramelised gnocchi, sage oil, seeds and pine nuts.
- High country venison or beef tartare with smoked beetroot, caramelised shallots, grilled fig and olive oil, finished with caperberries and parsley. Paired with flatbread.
- 'Pho over the fire', a rich broth with toasted pepper berry, cinnamon and anise. Simmered over the coals with grilled lemongrass, lime chicken and wild green herbs.
- 'Picked that day' mixed dutch carrots, glazed in honey.
- 'On the coals' Paris sweet mash potato.
- Cast-iron grilled radicchio quarters, apple cider vinegar and basil.
- Crisp lettuce dressed in buttermilk vinaigrette with toasted nduja pangrattata and citrus zest.
- Whole smoked South Gippsland spring lamb, slow-braised and burnt baby leeks, fennel, zucchini flowers with meyer lemon, mint and yoghurt.
- Flounder on the bone grilled over embers and three cornered leek beurre blanc.
- Smoked cauliflower steak, parsnip, parmesan and verjus puree, crispy garlic, shallots and seeds.
Highlights of working with Muse Events & Catering:
- Bespoke menu planning. You will find no cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all approach here. Your wedding menu will be a feast expertly designed for you, with your input.
- A tight-knit cheffing team. They offer the experience and finesse of a sophisticated catering company with the warmth and care of a family-run operation.
- Bold flavours and satisfying portions. Prepared with technique-driven ingenuity, dishes by Muse Events & Catering will please guests of all palates and appetites.
- All dietary requirements expertly catered for. Guests with dietary requirements will be delighted with the delicious options lovingly plated with them in mind.
- An accommodating and friendly front of house team to serve your guests. The experienced and knowledgeable Muse Events & Catering team will serve your food and drinks with a smile at every course.
- Suited to inner-city Melbourne weddings and regional events alike.