Kombi Love is Melbourne's premier supplier of beautiful and fun VW Kombis for weddings. If you’re looking for romantic and quirky wedding transport with a difference, Kombi Love should be at the top of the list. The Kombis, affectionately christened ‘George’ and ‘Mildred’, have strutted their polished chrome on ABC1, and been featured in The Age and Cosmo Bride.
Niagara blue with chrome detailing, the Kombis comfortably seat seven to eight passengers, making them the perfect choice for transporting your wedding party. Both have seat belts fitted throughout, as well as the latest in-Kombi sound system to get everyone in the party mood. Available for hire together or separately, the Kombis will get you to the aisle in style, with time to spare!
On your wedding day, your Kombi Love driver will arrive on time, stylishly dressed, and ready to bring a generous dose of fun to your wedding experience. With attentive, client-focussed service right from your first inquiry, the team from Kombi Love will put your mind at ease. Lovingly restored to showroom condition and immaculately clean, the Love Buses are amongst the best 1970s Kombis in Australia.
“Kombi Love drove us to our ceremony, and we used them for photos too! The team was amazingly easy to deal with, and they were really affordable too! We originally planned to get married on the Sunshine Coast and have a Kombi, and when we changed it to Melbourne, I was so sad about losing the Kombi, but Kombi Love fixed that for us! Thank you, Kombi Love, for being on time, getting me there slightly early, and putting a tired bride's mind at ease because you made everything so easy!” — Alex J.
What you’ll love about celebrating your Melbourne wedding with Kombi Love:
- Retro-cool meets modern romance. Distinctive yet versatile, the Kombis are a fun and stylish addition to any wedding aesthetic, from coastal elegance to boho chic. With the stereo playing your tunes of choice, you won’t be able to help to feel free-spirited and up for an adventure when riding with ‘George’ and ‘Mildred’.
- Peace of mind. Professional and reliable, Kombi Love is the only Kombi operator member of the Wedding Car Association. As such, they are bound by its code of ethics so that you can book with total confidence.
- A wedding photographer's dream. Your photographer and videographer will be delighted with the turquoise pop of colour added to your wedding photographs. Document fun moments in transit, or use your Kombi as an eye-catching backdrop for wedding party photos. You'll want to capture all the beautiful details, especially the heart-shaped exhausts!
Highlights of working with Kombi Love Melbourne:
- A fun and reliable driver
- A crystal clear in-Kombi sound system
- Impeccably restored Kombis
- Available to hire individually or as a pair
- Punctual and flexible to fit your wedding schedule
“Quirky and fun, our vintage blue VW made our wedding day memorable. We hired one kombi van which picked up my husband and his party, and then myself and my bridal party. We were put in the mood with Abba playing loudly in the car and our driver was wonderful. The Kombi Love team were helpful and professional at all times.” — Victoria W.
Garry started Kombi Love back in 2009 when most wedding cars were real vintage, from a bygone era, or modern limos. He saw a niche for a more contemporary offering using beautifully restored and truly authentic Volkswagen Kombi vans. George and Mildred soon became the talk of the town as they brought fun and theatre to Melbourne's wedding scene.
Today Kombi Love has attended 1500+ weddings and is co-owned with John Farlow, a friend, and fellow Volkswagen enthusiast. They both love weddings!
Mr Garry Miller
Founder and co-owner