You put a ring on it – now let Alicia Johns help you sign and seal the deal! Based in Newcastle, Alicia is an RnB-loving, Kath & Kim-quoting wedding celebrant who loves working with couples to bring their dream ceremony to life. More qualified than Marion – but just as likely to offer you a cup of Jarrah – Alicia’s humour and enthusiasm make her ceremonies fun and entertaining.
Finding a wedding celebrant who can be both professional and down to earth is rare, but Alicia Johns effortlessly walks that line. Known affectionately by her previous couples as Lish, she loves nothing more than seeing people tie the knot with the love of their life.
From your first meeting with Alicia, she will set the tone for a fun and organised wedding experience. Over a coffee or wine, Alicia will talk you through the steps involved in a legal wedding ceremony, making sure you meet the requirements so that you can build the exciting parts of your wedding around it.
Alicia offers her celebrant services across Newcastle for traditional wedding ceremonies with guests, elopements, and vow renewals, bringing her signature humour and charisma to the role. There’s a reason why most of Alicia’s photos feature giggles and smiles; she’s a natural entertainer and makes an effort to involve your guests into the ceremony by sharing stories, quips, and tailored readings.
No matter what theme your wedding takes, from traditional to boho-chic, Alicia will adapt her ceremony to suit. Incorporating religious and cultural traditions is well within Alicia’s wheelhouse, and she looks forward to learning new customs and rituals couples want to bring into weddings.
What you can expect when you work with Alicia Johns Celebrant for your Newcastle wedding:
- Humour and compassion. Alicia got into this business because she loves everything about weddings, and therefore throws everything she has into the ceremony. Her authenticity and genuine care for her couples mean that her ceremonies are exceptional.
- Tailored ceremonies. For intimate affairs or grand events, Alicia will tailor the ceremony to suit your needs. She interacts personally with your nearest and dearest and can keep a crowd entertained and entranced.
- Respect for your values. Marriage means something special to everyone, and your wedding should reflect your beliefs and values. Alicia takes pride in learning and incorporating your traditions into the ceremony.
What you’ll love about working with Alicia Johns Celebrant for your Newcastle wedding:
- An emphasis on your enjoyment. Alicia loves nothing more than seeing her couples having a blast on their wedding day. Her involvement will be stress-free, leaving you to focus on having fun.
- She’s good with nerves. Feeling a little shaky about that walk down the aisle? Alicia knows just how to give couples a confidence boost in the leadup to the ceremony, and will be a constant source of support and encouragement.
- She’s along for the ride. Planning a surprise wedding? Taking off for an elopement? Alicia is up for anything and loves being a part of extra unique weddings.
“It could not have been better: the perfect beginning to our marriage. I really do wish we could relive it all over again. It meant so much to have an amazing friend make our ceremony so special and personal. Thank you.” Jodie M
I am a mum of a 2 year old girl 'Parker' and 2 red mini dachshunds 'Elizabeth Taylor' and 'Grace-Kelly'. I am passionate about my little business and take my role as a celebrant seriously so your wedding is professional but also your style so I can add in as little or as less of the formalities and laughs as you like. I love our beautiful country from the native animals to the flora, the beach and the lake and all the other surrounds we are lucky to have around us. I like wine, running and gold.