Since being appointed in 2009, Michael Elwood has become one of the most sought-after wedding Celebrants in Adelaide. From his first-hand experience officiating at ceremonies in backyards and an intimate marriage in a shack on a far off coastline, to a lavish gathering of more than 200 loved ones, Michael has seen it all and knows no two ceremonies are ever the same. His uncanny ability to gauge the crowd pair with his welcoming humour to ensure your ceremony flows effortlessly. "Michael was amazing, after our first catch up we knew Michael was the right choice. He gave us so many ideas for the ceremony, and he was great at calming Dan's nerves." Melissa & Dan.
About Marriage Celebrant Michael Elwood
Michael's working life involved managing several major arts organisations. Following his experience in the media and public eye, Michael knew sitting around during his retirement was never going to keep him occupied. Considering his confidence in speaking in front of an audience, combined with his charisma, creativity and his love for romance, it was a natural decision for Michael to become a Marriage Celebrant and to assist couples in making their wedding day a beautiful one that reflects their individuality. What you can expect when you book Michael Elwood for your wedding:
"Michael was very professional, helpful and thorough. He made everything flow easily and really took control during the ceremony. He got to know us as a couple and delivered our story beautifully." Hannah P.
- An experienced celebrant. Michael Elwood was first appointed a Celebrant in 2009. Since then, he has officiated at more than 300 ceremonies, from large events with hundreds of guests to intimate ceremonies with just a handful of family and closest friends.
- A personable confidant. A natural people person, Michael finds working with couples to be an exhilarating experience. With such a brilliant personality, it's effortless for him to converse with anyone and everyone.
- Creative input. Having been a Celebrant at 300 ceremonies, spanning a wide range of cultural requirements, styles and guest list sizes, Michael is excellent at suggesting what will work well for your unique ceremony.
- Confidence & composure. With a career over thirty-five years as Chief Executive of various arts, charity and disability organisations under his belt, Michael is experienced at talking in front of large audiences. A clear, confident speaker with calm composure, Michael can deftly handle any surprises that are thrown his way.
Highlights of working with Marriage Celebrant Michael Elwood:
An easy 5-step approach to planning your ceremony:
- Ceremony rehearsal is included. As a ceremony rehearsal is included in the planning process (subject to availability of the venue), Michael always recommends a short rehearsal just before your wedding - usually a day or two before. This is an excellent opportunity for you and your wedding party to practise how the ceremony will happen on your actual wedding day.
- Crystal-clear explanation of the legal aspects of your marriage
- Completion and lodgement of all required forms
- Unlimited consultation by telephone and email
- A high-quality PA system as required
- Wedding rehearsal at the venue, subject to the venue's availability
- Printed Marriage Certificate
- Michael can meet with couples or talk on the phone as many times as needed before their ceremony
"Michael was amazing!! We knew he was the right fit for us as soon as we had our first meeting. He took the time to get to know us and our story and what ceremony we wanted and nailed it down to a T. Always very fast with communication and willing to help any way he can. We highly recommend Michael for your wedding!" Kimberly G.
- Michael likes to have a chat over a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer!), an obligation-free informal meeting so you can find out more about each other and help you see if he is the right person for your wedding.
- Michael will spend some time with you both, so he can get to know you on a more personal level. He will use this time to figure out your style if there's a particular theme you'd like to work within, a colour scheme you had in mind, your likes and dislikes as well as your stance on a traditional and formal ceremony compared to a more relaxed, informal affair. He will have many suggestions at hand if you're unsure. He will then provide an electronic copy of sample wedding and ring vows; readings, possible rituals and traditions for you to mull over.
- After considering the materials that he has sent across, you'll let Michael know of any suggestions you would like to include. He will then draft a ceremony around your requirements and send across the first draft of for you to review. With unlimited consultation by telephone and email, he will keep making alterations until you are completely satisfied. A tip from Michael: If time permits, I encourage them to put the draft away for a few weeks or months, and then come back to it with 'fresh eyes', and see if they still feel happy with what they have.
- Michael will finalise the ceremony script, having it all complete at least three weeks before your wedding day. Michael always recommends a short rehearsal just before the wedding - usually a day or two before, ensuring you and members of the wedding party are fully prepared and confident on an actual day.
- Showtime! Your ceremony will be performed without a hitch, followed by the completion of all the necessary paperwork, which Michael will then lodge with the Registrar, so you needn't worry about a thing.