“Lucy is such an amazing, patient teacher! We had an incredible night out. thank you so much! We will definitely be back.” Kate
What you can expect when working with The Art Social for your Newcastle wedding:
- Step-by-step instructions. Don’t worry, you won't be dropping your friends in the creative deep end. You’ll be shown how to paint a great picture, with your instructor giving easy-to-follow directions over this relaxed two to three hour social event.
- Great instructor. Founder and instructor at The Art Social, Lucy Isaacs, is a fun, bubbly teacher - she’ll make your hens party a barrel of laughs, trust us. Lucy is a laidback instructor who not only knows how to get great results out of her students, but she is warm, friendly, and will fit in well at your special night.
- Fun, relaxed atmosphere. Well, when there’s wine and cocktails involved, things are bound to be lighthearted and merry! Lucy knows that not everyone is a budding Picaso, which is why your friends will love loosening up with a bit of liquid courage. We guarantee, there will be lots of laughter and some gentle banter at your unique and fun hens night!
- Boutique size. While all your closest girlfriends and family are welcome, Lucy caps the group size at a certain point in order to keep the vibes ‘positive, personable and fun’. You want your hens to be a safe space for girl chat, some inappropriate jokes (or two), and creative expression, after all.
“This was 10 times more enjoyable than I could have imagined. Lucy is a great host and teacher. I did this with 10 friends and highly recommend this as a night out with your pals. Two and a bit hours of fun which involved snacks, drinks and a whole lot of laughs and banter!” Jake
Here’s what else you need to know about The Art Social.
- No experience necessary. You don’t need to be a modern day van Gogh to take part in this relaxed social activity! In fact, half the fun is learning a new skill and giving it a red hot crack.
- Your venue or studio. Lucy is happy to travel to a venue of your choice to teach your girlfriends how to paint, although you’ll need to supply the chairs and tables. Alternatively, you’re welcome to swing by her Hudson Street studio for an afternoon of bubbly, painting, and laughter.
- Clean up included. If you’re jumping ahead and already thinking about cleaning up paint brushes after your session, don’t. Lucy will take care of the mess and disposal for you - you’ll be happily off for part two of your hens night.
- Choose the picture. When you book your afternoon of painting with Lucy, you’ll be able to choose a picture of your liking for your girlfriends to paint. Alternatively, you might choose to paint one of The Art Social’s many paintings used in their classes. It’s up to you!
- Hamilton and surrounds. Lucy is based in Hamilton, Newcastle, and works with bridal parties in the surrounding areas. She’s more than happy to travel to a venue of your choice, or you can meet her in her charming studio.
“We booked Lucy for our friend's 30th and she was amazing! Not only was she so accommodating with our venue dramas but she went above and beyond for our function. Lucy even did a custom art design for us to suit the theme. Best of all she stayed after the class and joined in the fun and games afterwards. Would highly recommend booking The Art Social.” Morgan
“Absolutely killer evening!! For someone who hasn't ever really picked up a paintbrush, Lucy broke down every little piece and explained techniques and strategies she used to paint. Lucy provides a beautiful, fun energy to the room and ensured that everyone was having a great time. Wish I could do this every week. Cant wait to come back deffo recommend!! Xxx.” Olivia
"I have done two of Lucy's events now and both times she has been an absolute party starter. With a personalised painting of the buck, she had the whole crowd howling with laughter from the very beginning. Furthermore, the service she provides it faultless. Very competitive prices, quick communication and she made the whole day so easy. I would absolutely recommend Lucy for any event and I'm sure I'll be seeing her again" Georgie