The soundtrack of your wedding video, and the way it works with the images and footage of your big day, can make all the difference to the final edit. The songs you choose for your wedding video should remind you of your wedding day and bring a tear to your eye. The various scenes in the video should change to the beat of the music for the best effect.
These five tips will help you choose some songs for your wedding video:
Including some of the music you had on your wedding day makes the video more personal, so try to include the music you walked down the aisle to, the song that you danced your first dance to, the tune that you heard as you cut your cake, and the music that played as you bid your farewells.
Although your videographer will record some of the music that was played on the day along with their footage, the soundtrack will be much better quality if you use pre-recorded versions of the same songs. Check out copyright law; you may need to buy a video recording license.
If you have a live band playing at your reception, try to get a CD of their music to use in your wedding video. As long as their songs all have a similar feel it doesn’t matter if you use songs that weren’t actually played at your wedding reception.
Try to mix modern music, or your current favourites, with a few classic songs. Hearing music that you loved at the time of your wedding will remind you of that moment in time for the rest of your life, but the classics will never go out of style and will make sure your wedding video doesn’t become too dated.
Will you be using a wedding planner?
Choose music that you and your new husband love, and don’t worry too much about what the lyrics say and whether there are hidden meanings or messages. If there are songs that are special and significant to the two of you then include them and don’t worry what other people think.
Ten classic wedding video songs
- ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You’ by Andy Williams
- ‘Moon River’ by Frank Sinatra
- ‘You’re My First, My Last, My Everything’ by Barry White
- ‘How Sweet It Is’ by Marvin Gaye
- ‘All You Need Is Love’ by The Beatles
- ‘Lets Do It, Let’s Fall In Love’ by Ella Fitzgerald
- ‘I Only Wanna Be With You’ by Dusty Springfield
- ‘Brown Eyed Girl’ by Van Morrison
- ‘The Way You Look Tonight’ by Harry Connick Jr
- ‘Tonight I Celebrate My Love’ by Roberta Flack
Ten modern wedding video songs
- ‘A Moment Like This’ by Leona Lewis
- ‘If I Ain’t Got You’ by Alicia Keys
- ‘Better Together’ by Jack Johnson
- ‘Closest Thing To Crazy’ by Katie Melua
- ‘Beautiful’ by Athlete
- ‘Shine’ by Take That
- ‘The Real Thing’ by Gwen Stefani
- ‘She Will Be Loved’ by Maroon 5
- ‘She’s So Lovely’ by Scouting For Girls
- ‘Candy Man’ by Christina Aguilera
80% of Australian couples use Easy Weddings to connect with their dream wedding suppliers.
Browse the directory and start planning today!