Since its humble beginnings in 1868, Olinda Yarra Estate has been transformed from 1000 acres of Yering river flats into a stunning wedding venue, complete with heritage buildings and an iconic railway bridge from yesteryear. The owners of this beautiful venue have restored these historic buildings to their former glory, and now offer them as locations for country weddings and photoshoots. Rustic and classic, these sites include the beautiful Queen Anne homestead, the dairy barn and stables, old silos and, as mentioned, the iconic railway bridges.
In terms of ceremony locations, your magical wedding can be held in many photogenic sites on the property, including on the steps of the vintage homestead, historic dairy shed chapel, stables courtyard, or your choice among acres of century-old gardens. Each site is breathtakingly beautiful, with past couples describing the options as picturesque and relaxed. Receptions at Olinda Yarra Estate are just as sightly, with the option for a hired marquee under the stars also available.
When it comes to food and beverages, owners Shelley Hughes and ‘Farmer Rob’ take great pride in their flexibility and openness. While they do have preferred catering partners, they certainly allow people to bring in their own - whether that’s a food truck, professional caterers, or pizza from down the road. Olinda Yarra Estate also has a selection of beverage packages to choose from, or you’re more than welcome to bring in your favourite drinks - merlot, prosecco, whatever that looks like!
“We had the best wedding at Olinda Yarra Estate! It’s such a relaxed venue and the gorgeous farm animals make it so special. We loved that it was private, had so many photo spots, you could stay on-site (the cottage is huge!) and the flexibility with catering and drinks. Our guests raved about the beautiful relaxed space. Thanks Shelley and Farmer Rob for your hospitality. You were so wonderful.” Rivkeh
What you can expect when working with Olinda Yarra Estate for your Yarra Valley wedding:
- Rustic, farmland wedding venue. Olinda Yarra Estate is a gorgeous, quiet country wedding venue in Yering. Set on farmland, it offers a delightfully rustic setting for weddings.
- Your choice of caterer and beverages. Good news if you have a caterer in mind: Olinda Yarra Estate allows couples to bring in their own caterers and beverages. They can also recommend suppliers if you’d like some suggestions.
Highlights of Olinda Yarra Estate:
- Rustic, farmland wedding venue with character
- Plenty of flexibility to design your wedding
- BYO beverage packages
- Heritage venue with a rich history
- Stunning Yering location
- Gorgeous heritage buildings
- Venue provides furnishings and games
- Option to bring in your own caterers
- On-site cottage for up to six guests
- Your own dedicated wedding planner
- Cute farm animals
Tell us about Olinda Yarra Estate’s wedding packages.
- Exclusive Wedding Planner
- Ceremony hire for one hour including
- Ceremony chairs, signing table and chairs, a selection of 2 rustic timber arbours
- Reception for 5 or 6 hours in the garden Marquee with dancefloor, clear sliding sides, fairy lighting, table and chairs for up to 200 guests, cake table, greenery chandeliers
- Alfresco outdoor bar area, tables, wine barrels, umbrellas, bar stools, fire pits and festoon lighting
- Sound system with Bluetooth and wireless microphones
- Farm animals nearby for patting/photos
- Lawn games
- Tea and Coffee station.
- Endless stunning photography locations
- On-site car parking
“We absolutely hit the jackpot when we came across Olinda Yarra Estate for our last-minute wedding plans. THE perfect venue, relaxed and absolutely stunning with so much character and flexible options. Shelley, Farmer Rob and the team were super accommodating and helped us plan the perfect day. The animals around were also a hit with the guests. Cannot recommend Olinda Yarra enough, 5000000/5 stars from us.” Bec