Boasting a prime location in the heart of Queensland’s sunny Whitsundays, lies the beautiful, scenic and oh-so impressive Daydream Island Resort. Surrounded by the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef, this tropical wedding venue is the perfect destination wedding location if you’re after a seaside, romantic wedding with breathtaking ocean views and plenty of charm.
Daydream Island Resort is a luxurious, high-quality wedding ceremony and reception venue situated in the beautiful Whitsundays. Located just 30 minutes from Hamilton Island by boat transfer, this newly-refurbished, modern venue offers numerous ceremony, elopement and wedding reception packages. With packages ranging from romantic ceremonies for two to seated wedding receptions of up to 250 guests, Daydream Island Resort caters for both intimate occasions and larger weddings.
Surrounded on all sides by the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef, Daydream Island Resort offers couples a scenic, breathtaking setting for their nuptials. Imagine: You walk down the aisle with the sea breeze in your hair and warm sand in your feet. Glistening, clear blue water stretches as far as the eye can see and your partner is waiting for you by a perfectly-styled arch - it’s quite the romantic scene. With delicious catering by a highly experienced chef, outstanding customer service from event staff and a beautiful, brilliantly-located venue, there’s not many boxes this venue doesn’t tick!
“We’ve absolutely loved our time at Daydream Island. It’s a little piece of paradise in the Whitsundays. The island is beautiful, the wildlife - kangaroos, cockatoos, butterflies. It’s so relaxing and the staff are all friendly and helpful, good food, sunset drinks listening to a blues singer at Lovers Cove. What more can I say?” Jesma
What can couples expect when booking Daydream Island Resort as their wedding venue?
- Beautiful scenery. This tropical wedding venue offers uninterrupted views of some of the most clear, stunning water in the world. From the soft, clean beaches to the colourful underwater reefs, Daydream Island Resort provides supreme viewing.
- Experienced wedding coordinator. Booking a destination wedding has never been easier! Daydream Island’s on-site wedding coordinator helps couples plan their wedding from start to finish, offering guidance and all coordination in the lead up and day of your wedding.
- Numerous wedding packages. Daydream Island Resort offers an extensive range of wedding packages, including ceremony, elopement, cocktail and seated reception packages. Whether you’re after a small wedding with close friends and family or a larger event with all your nearest and dearest, there’s an all-inclusive package to suit your needs.
- Wedding and honeymoon. Don’t waste money on a wedding and separate honeymoon, combine them in one trip! While Daydream Island Resort is a spectacular wedding venue, it also makes the perfect honeymoon location. With its sandy beaches, stylish accommodation, on-site spa and top-notch restaurants, why go anywhere else?
- Catering menus. From the tasty cocktail and buffet menus to the outstanding beverage list, Daydream Island Resort offers delectable catering and drinks. Whether you’re planning a cocktail-style wedding or classic seated dinner, there’s a number of tasty treats on the menu to choose from.
- Ceremony and reception options. While Daydream Island Resort doesn't have a huge land mass, it manages to offer numerous, versatile ceremony locations and reception venues. With both indoor and outdoor ceremony options and reception locations with the ability to cater for various sized guest lists, Daydream Island Resort is an ideal venue for any wedding.
What your guests will love about Daydream Island Resort:
- On-site spa. Now, to the important stuff! Daydream Island Resort’s Rejuvenation Spa offers hairdressing services and relaxing beauty treatments - perfect for unwinding and calming any pre-wedding jitters.
- Experiences and tours. From a Living Reef Guided Snorkel tour, paddle boarding and yacht charters to golf on nearby Dent Island, yoga and water sports, there is no shortage of exciting activities at Daydream Island Resort.
- Multiple restaurants. Daydream Island Resort offers three dining options, including a buffet (you know where to find us!), the Asian-inspired Infinity and Inkstone Kitchen & Bar, which offers absolutely mouthwatering seafood.
- Native animals. Daydream Island Resort is home to a number of native Australian birds and mammals. Your guests will marvel at the cockatoos that frequent their balcony and the friendly kangaroos that roam the property.
- Luxury accommodation. From the elegant Resort Room with king bed to the Serenity Suite with balcony and lounge, the accommodation at Daydream Island Resort is modern and spacious, complete with Wi-Fi, air conditioning and extensive views. Depending on the number of wedding guests and time of year, you may be eligible for special accommodation rates.
- Fully stocked bars. Yes, you read that right - bars. Plural. Daydream Island Resort has an indoor bar named Tonic and a swim-up bar in the pool, because why not? Barefoot Bar is certainly ideal - cocktail in the pool, anyone?
“Every stunning outlook, delicious meal, mysterious sound and sandy footprint leaves its own special signature on your memory and thankfully for us, Daydream Island is full of them. By playing to the unique sensory experiences Daydream offers, we can offer you a wedding experience you’ll never forget.”
Tell us about your wedding packages.
Daydream Island Resort offers numerous wedding packages, including seated receptions, ceremony-only options and elopement packages. So we’ve included a few examples of each for you to get an idea of what’s on offer:
How do you get to Daydream Island Resort?
Guests can reach Daydream Island Resort by catching a boat transfer from neighbouring Hamilton Island, which is about a 30 minute scenic journey. Airlines such as Qantas, Virgin and Jetstar all fly to Hamilton Island Airport from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns. While this is the most popular route to arriving at Daydream Island Resort, guests may also arrive at Proserpine Airport and transfer to the Port of Airlie, taking a boat transfer from there to the island.
Is there accommodation on-site or nearby?
Yes, there is elegant, newly-refurbished on-site accommodation at Daydream Island Resort, ranging from stylish resort rooms, with king or two queen beds, to family rooms and larger suites. Each room is contemporary in design, and offers a spacious, comfortable place for guests to relax and enjoy the view from their balcony. Views range from the resort pool to the gardens and ocean. Of course, this is Australia, so all the rooms are fitted with air-conditioning.
“We are so happy we chose to honeymoon on Daydream Island. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for something special. The island is just so beautiful, resort and pools kept clean and taken care of. We loved all the wildlife on the island... kangaroos hopping around, beautiful birds and of course the gorgeous living reef. When on island, make sure to snorkel in the living reef, you will love meeting all the cool characters in the water! So thankful for the whole experience, would most definitely recommend.” Hanna
“We absolutely loved our stay on Daydream and can't wait to go back. From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed the staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The room was amazing and the views around the island are spectacular. We were blown away by the food, the restaurant staff deserve a huge pat on the back.” Ricki