The Banquet Centre itself has two ‘I do’ venue options that can be set up for a modern minimalist and chic wedding; a fairy tale historical theme that is augmented by the ornate carved architraves complemented by truly intricate and unique chandeliers; or a rustic and funky ceremony with the exposed brick and pressed metal ceilings as your back drop.
If you are on the hunt for a wedding venue with a rich history, then you’ll love the Banquet Centre of the Townsville Brewery that has been converted from a building built in the Victorian era in 1889 as Townsville’s first Post and Telegraph office. Today it is the local’s micro-brewery serving up excellent craft beer. It is the watering hole for many wedding guests before the start of the reception upstairs in the Banquet Centre.
A celebration with your dearest and nearest is not complete without a scrumptious meal to remember. Our Executive Chef specialises in banquet catering (hence we are a banquet centre!) and your wedding guests will be treated to a delectable fare, which will be paired with absolutely delicious beer and a great selection of wines.
The banquet lobby, reception hall and dance floor complete with disco lighting make up the Banquet Centre. How you want your wedding reception to progress post dinner is limitless. The only way to imagine this is to visit the venue!
“I wanted to publicly pass on my gratitude and feedback in regards to your services at our wedding. The Brewery team were so helpful with my requests, allowing multiple visits…The staff on the day were helpful with everything from drinks, music, food and enthusiasm. I certainly recommend The Brewery for any event and really appreciate everything you did for myself and Jarrod.” Nicole
“Thank you so much for everything! It all looked amazing and we could not have imagined it any better. The food and service was unbelievable! We really appreciate it. Thanks again!” Ashleigh & Dylan
What you can expect when working with Townsville Brewery Banquet Centre for your wedding:
- Blank canvas. The Townsville Brewery Banquet Centre can be dressed up or down, so if you have a vision for your wedding day, rest assured it can easily be executed (and look terrific) in this gorgeous venue.
- Rustic chic with Victorian design elements. This stunning and historic wedding venue combines history and old school glamour with a modern, rustic-chic design, making it a perfect venue for history buffs.
- Delicious food. As a micro-brewery with a top Executive Chef who specialises in banquet, this venue serves delightful, hearty and filling food packed full of flavour. Whether you choose to have a cocktail style reception packed with canapes and finger foods, a buffet style dining or alternate drop two or three course meal, your guests will definitely not be hungry!
- Tasty drinks. With an on-site banquet lobby bar, the beverage list at Townsville Brewery is wide-ranging, full of much-loved favourites, and has something for even the most discerning wedding guest.
Here’s what else you need to know about Townsville Brewery.
- Great location. Situated opposite Ross Creek, Townsville Brewery has a central location, making it super easy for wedding guests to get to via public transport or their hotel room.
- Rich history. This historic building was constructed in 1887, and opened in December 1889, making it a beloved landmark in Townsville, with many affectionately calling it ‘The Brewery’.
“Definitely a great place to have a function, large area for pre and after drinks and a large dining area. The food and canapes were great and the overall service was excellent.” Paul