Located an hour away from Sydney’s CBD, Sweven Estate is a high-end, architecturally designed luxury retreat with magnificent surrounds. A private and secluded property, this plush homestead is perfect for DIY weddings of any theme or style, and features everything you could possibly need for your dream wedding. This includes breathtaking country views, manicured gardens, a luxurious lodge with space for up to 24 people, a large water feature, plenty of scenic photo locations, and plenty of room for a marquee under the stars.
While Sweven Estate is largely a DIY wedding venue, with room for couples to hire a marquee, bring in their own caterers, and design their wedding as they wish, this property can offer a truly spectacular culinary experience. For smaller weddings, the property’s head chef can provide tasty meals and canapes. Planning an intimate occasion? You might like to work with Sweven Estate’s experienced chefs to create a bespoke menu that meets your dietary needs, wedding theme, and palette preferences.
Your wedding at Sweven Estate might take place in a number of dreamy ceremony sites on the grounds, while your reception can either kick off in a marquee or - for more intimate weddings - in the exquisite homestead. This luxurious retreat has been standing tall since 2012, and was designed by the renowned Timothy Moon Architects. The lodge’s design is tree-house like, and offers a plush entertaining area with a fireplace, many verandas, timber and stone pavilions, and an Asian-style moat.
Couples are invited to stay in this magnificent lodge in the days leading up to and after their wedding. There is room for up to 13 lucky bridal party members to stay the night, too. You’ll all be privy to gorgeous countryside views, an open plan kitchen, an infinity pool, and dining room that leads into an outdoor BBQ area - it will make for one relaxing, stress-free escape from the city.
“We celebrated our engagement party with a small group of friends at Sweven and they organised a private chef and gourmet menu. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Definitely an experience to remember. Would be an amazing location for a destination wedding. Thank you Miranda for your help."
What you can expect when working with Sweven Estate for your wedding:
- Breathtaking venue. From lotus-filled ponds and grassy paddocks to a private beach and stunning luxury lodge, Sweven Estate is an absolutely breathtaking wedding venue.
- Tailored wedding. Sweven Estate places an emphasis on tailored weddings that are unique to each couple, so if you book your special day here, you’ll be invited to work with the events team to design a bespoke wedding that is reflective of your tastes and personalities.
- Wedding coordinator. Sweven Estate prioritises their couples’ time and happiness, which is why they provide an efficient wedding coordinator to help them in the lead up to their wedding and on the day.
- Luxurious on-site accommodation. The dreamy lodge is the perfect place to stay, get ready for your wedding, and relax after your special day has passed. The best part? Your bridal party is welcome - nay, encouraged - to stay, too.
- Bespoke dining experience. For intimate weddings, the culinary experience at Sweven Estate is unrivalled. Highly trained and hardworking chefs work hard to develop unique, flavoursome dishes that will delight your wedding guests.
- Bring in caterers. Planning something larger? As a DIY wedding venue, you're welcome to bring in a marquee, hired tables and chairs, and your own caterer or food truck.
- Relaxed, country atmosphere. Secluded and rural, Sweven Estate is a peaceful country wedding venue, and is the perfect place to say ‘I do’. It’s also an ideal spot to unwind and recharge after your wedding day has passed.
Here’s what else you need to know about Sweven Estate.
- Venue hire and accommodation. Sweven Estate offers couples a number of venue hire and accommodation options, with both peak season, off-peak, and midweek options.
- Honeymoons. Sweven Estate loves hosting couples for their honeymoon after their big day! There is a dreamy guesthouse for couples to stay in, complete with state-of-the-art appliances and offering breathtaking country views.
- Photo locations. There are plenty of gorgeous places to host your couples photoshoot at Sweven Estate, including on the property’s private beach, in the manicured gardens, and by some of the towering native trees.
- Spa treatments. Wedding planning got you a little stressed? Why not indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment before or after your wedding? Sweven Estate has a range of relaxing and restorative treatments to try.
- Optional activities. While we’re sure you’ll be happily wedding planning in the days leading up to your wedding, afterwards, you and your partner might like to try quad biking, sheep-shearing, or jet skiing. Alternatively, you could enjoy the property’s outdoor cinema or a picnic at the property’s tree arbour.
- Wine tastings. Couples and their loved ones can partake in delicious wine tastings in the property’s private wine cellar.
- Wildlife and animals. Sweven Estate is home to a number of delightful Australian animals, including a regular mob of kangaroos. You might spot them basking in the sun on a walk of this gorgeous property.