Immersive Events is a Sunshine Coast-based wedding and event company, offering a unique, one-of-a-kind wedding venue for couples. Situated in sunny Mooloolaba, Immersive Events provides couples with a two-in-one venue: The first is a stylish, luxurious catamaran called Whale One. It is newly refurnished and has two fully licensed bars, plush seating and open-air deck. The second is a relaxed restaurant with a gorgeous riverside location, boasting premium river views - it’s perfect for watching the sun go down by the water. Couples can choose to book one space or the other, but most couples choose to make use of both, enjoying a ceremony and drinks on the boat before heading back to shore for a scrumptious meal at The Dock restaurant.
“Immersive Events offers more than just a wedding, it is the experience of a lifetime. You deserve to have your dream wedding and Immersive Events will create that for you. From people seeking a destination wedding and locals alike, Sunshine Coast is the ideal setting for your special day.” Immersive Events
What you can expect from Immersive Events for your Sunshine Coast wedding:
- Delicious food. Tasty catering is made from fresh, local ingredients, including meats, and - of course - seafood. Prepared by a private chef, you can expect flavoursome fare inspired by cuisines from around the world.
- Breathtaking views. Stunning water views are available from The Dock and Whale One, with clear, glistening water as far as the eye can see. Enjoy the sunset from the Whale One vessel as you cruise down the Mooloolah River.
- Stylish space. The Whale One vessel is newly refurbished and oh-so sleek. From plush seating to the stylish finishings, this 19 metre catamaran is a stunning, beautiful boat.
- Impeccable service. From the bartenders to the event planner, couples will receive exceptional customer service from the first enquiry all the way through to the wedding departure.
What you’ll love about working with Immersive Events for your wedding:
- Multiple ceremony options. If you have a small wedding guest list, you may be able to host your ceremony aboard the Whale One vessel, with the boat situated in one of the calm water bays. You’ll have complete privacy and the sea breeze in your hair. Alternatively, there are a number of beautiful sandy beaches and riverfront parks with sea views nearby.
- Two reception locations. Most couples like to make use of both the dock and the Whale One vessel, however, couples can choose to book one or the other. You might choose to get married on the Whale One vessel and enjoy a drink and some canapes, then retreat to The Dock for your formal reception. Alternatively, you might like to have your entire wedding and reception on the boat - it’s entirely up to you.
- Wet weather options. Whale One and The Dock are both undercover, so if rain should fall on your wedding day, guests will be shielded from the weather.
What do your wedding packages include?
- Staffing. Included in all bookings are a manager, two bartenders, a skipper, deckhand, security and a professional chef and food runner.
- Entertainment. On board the vessel, couples will have the choice between a DJ or acoustic musician, with the sound system and set up and pack down included. Additionally, lighting is also included in wedding packages.
- Catering. From grazing boards to hot mains off the grill, each wedding package contains delicious, fresh catering - something you and your guests are sure to love.
- Beverages. Well, what’s a wedding without a tasty beverage? Immersive Events has an extensive drinks list, with RSA professionals serving this at one of two fully licensed onboard bars.
What is the catering like?
In a word? Scrumptious. When you book with Immersive Events, you’ll get to choose your choice of canapes, mains and beverages. Small canapes range from Quandamooka rock oysters with white pepper and coriander mignonette to French goats cheesecake, red onion jam with sesame and poppy seed crumb, while the larger canapes might include roasted wagyu fillet served on crostini with horseradish cream, onion jam and watercress. The tasty mains include items hot off the grill, including pulled pork po boy and chicken tenderloin skewers with habanero and maple glaze. All mains come with a variety of salads and warm bread roll.
“From a ceremony on one of our famous local beaches or surrounded by Australian native greenery, to a reception on the water on a gorgeous two story catamaran, you can be sure every moment will be cherished forever. We can’t wait to have you!” Immersive Events