Situated in Melbourne's trendy, new, twenty-storey precinct, Collins Arch, W Melbourne is a contemporary, inner-city wedding venue. With its main entrance on Flinders Lane, this state-of-the-art hotel has plenty of character and offers couples modern function spaces, luxurious on-site accommodation, and incredible food and wine.
Whether you’re after a grand ballroom in the heart of the city or a modern, stylish function space for your post-wedding celebrations, this 5-star hotel is the perfect fit for your inner-city Melbourne wedding. It boasts floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Flinders Lane, sophisticated furnishings, and an autumn-inspired colour palette in select rooms.
The largest space this modern, CBD-based hotel has to offer is the Great Room; an elevated, pillarless, sophisticated function room that receives plenty of natural light. If you have a larger guest list, this impressive event space has room for up to 500 guests. The other event spaces at W Melbourne are just as tasteful and can be customised to suit your vision.
Top 3 things you’ll love about your W Melbourne Hotel wedding:
- Unique event spaces. W Melbourne has some seriously stylish wedding receptions spaces to choose from, including a glamourous indoor pool space on the 14th floor (which is ideal for cocktail-style weddings), and the magnificent Great Room. This impressive space has an autumn colour palette, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a contemporary design.
- Luxurious accommodation. The 5-star accommodation at W Melbourne is second-to-none, with stylish guest rooms that have custom furnishings and modern interiors, with nods to Melbourne incorporated into each space. For an unforgettable stay during your wedding celebrations, we recommend booking the ‘Extreme Wow Suite’.
- Convenient CBD location. Situated in Melbourne’s stylish new precinct, Collins Arch, with an entrance on Flinders Lane, this impressive, contemporary hotel is perfectly placed in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD. There are plenty of public transport links within walking distance, as well as incredible shops and restaurants. Melbourne Airport is just a 25-minute drive away, allowing easy access for interstate and overseas wedding guests.
What W Melbourne Hotel weddings are like:
- 5-star hotel with vibrant interior designs
- Ultra-modern event spaces with flexible interiors
- Convenient Melbourne CBD location
- Great Room has space for up to 500 guests
- Glamorous poolside venue for cocktail parties
- 294 luxurious guest rooms and suites
- Innovative food menus crafted by in-house chefs
- Valet parking available
Here’s what else you need to know about W Melbourne:
- Modern-luxe hotel. As with all W Hotels, W Melbourne is inspired by the trendy city it calls home, and in this case, that means the city’s laneway culture. The interior boasts a cutting-edge design and has tributes to Melbourne featured throughout the hotel. Your wedding guests will love this modern-luxe venue in the heart of the city - particularly out-of-town guests who will marvel at the Australian-centric details.
- Bespoke food menus. W Melbourne’s talented culinary team works tirelessly to craft exceptional menus for weddings and events. Whether you opt for cocktail-style canapés or beautifully plated mains, dishes are guaranteed to be innovative, well-presented, and absolutely mouthwatering.
- Stellar service. Of course, this 5-star hotel offers immaculate service to all its guests - but especially to couples getting married. If you book your wedding at W Melbourne, you can expect efficient and speedy service from all staff members - they just want you to have an unforgettable wedding reception.
- On-site restaurants and bar. W Melbourne has three on-site restaurants, including Japanese restaurant Warabi, restaurant Lollo, all-night bar Curious, and cafe-wine-bar hybrid, Culprit.
What’s the hotel accommodation like at W Melbourne?
W Melbourne has 294 luxurious rooms and suites that both couples and wedding guests will love. These stylish rooms have custom furnishings and modern interiors, with nods to Melbourne incorporated into each space. The spectacular one-bedroom ‘Extreme Wow’ Suite boasts expansive views of Melbourne’s city skyline, state-of-the-art technology, and a stunning marble bathroom with a deep-soaking bathtub.
What are some of the nearby attractions to W Melbourne?
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Eureka Skydeck
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Queen Victoria Market
- Flinders Street Station
- Crown Casino Melbourne
is a Marriott Bonvoy property where you can earn loyalty points during your wedding and throughout your stay. Here are just a few highlights of a Marriott Bonvoy wedding:
- Personalised wedding & honeymoon planning
- Earn loyalty points throughout your wedding, bridal shower, or high tea
- Redeem points during your hens or bucks party
- Use points for your dream destination honeymoon
- Special offers for anniversary dinners after your wedding
- Access VIP experiences through Marriott Bonvoy Moments
- Exclusive member rates