Hotel High Plains is situated in the heart of Dinner Plain Alpine Village. Surrounded by beautiful gum trees, this stunning venue features rock walls, cosy fireplaces, and numerous gorgeous sites for wedding ceremonies and marquee receptions. With an outdoor dancefloor, award-winning head chef, lovely High Country charm, and impressive customer service, this rustic venue is perfect for weddings.
Located on Victoria’s Great Alpine Road, Hotel High Plains is a rustic wedding venue with plenty of country charm. Nestled in amongst Dinner Plain Alpine gumtrees, this beautiful hotel is perfect for both summertime and moody winter weddings - and when you see the inside of this magnificent venue, it's not hard to see why. The hotel’s interior has rock walls, exposed timber features, a roaring fireplace, and two beautiful function spaces for couples to choose from. Of course, you’re always welcome to set up a marquee on the grounds if you’d prefer an outdoor wedding. High Plains can provide a marquee for you - their venue truly is almost anything you want it to become!
Now to the important stuff: food. Hotel High Plains’ food and beverage offerings are built from the philosophy and ethos of The Stone's Throw Restaurant, where produce can be foraged for within a stone's throw from Dinner Plains. Lakes Entrance, Gippsland, and King Valley are all within their reach for fresh, local and seasonal produce and their extensive beverage offering complement the regional offering, too. Whether you’re planning an intimate occasion for 40 or are hoping for a more extravagant affair, this versatile hotel is an ideally-located, breathtaking ceremony and reception venue.
“Great atmosphere, fantastic staff and incredible food! Polenta fingers followed by Nutella donuts are a must!” Bianca
What you can expect when working with Hotel High Plains for your wedding:
- Stunning venue. When we think of Hotel High Plains, the word ‘exquisite’ comes to mind. While its surroundings are certainly a highlight, the interior is just as charming, with feature rock walls, fireplaces, wooden pillars, and fairy lights setting the scene.
- Delicious food. Award-winning chef, Georgia Reaburn, formerly of Moon Dog Melbourne, leads this team of talented chefs. These culinary masterminds create the most incredible flavours, and present food beautifully. Whether you’re after delicious mains, sharing platters, canapes, or a grazing board, this team can make it happen.
- Gorgeous scenery. Located in an Alpine Village, Hotel High Plains is surrounded by Australia’s native beauty - from gum trees to a rustic barn, there are plenty of beautiful spots on the property for wedding photos. And in winter? Well, you’re in for a treat, this place looks even more beautiful in the snow.
- Beverage packages. What’s a wedding without a good drink to mark the occasion? Hotel High Plains offers local, regional, and international wines, and has a number of beverage packages available. And if you can’t find the perfect beverage package? You’re welcome to have a bar tab or tailor a package to suit your needs.
- Function spaces. There are two exceptional indoor function spaces to choose from at Hotel High Plains. The first is The Playground Function Room, which is perfect for intimate occasions. The second is The Stone’s Throw Restaurant and Cobungra Bar, which is ideally-suited for larger weddings.
- Outdoor ceremony. With gorgeous, native trees surrounding the property, Hotel High Plains is a terrific place for an outdoor ceremony amongst the beautiful Australian gum trees. The ceremony space is delightfully rustic and has plenty of country charm - you’ll love it.
Here’s what else you need to know about Hotel High Plains.
- Destination wedding. High Plains is a destination wedding location, 10 minutes from Mount Hotham Airport, 2.5 hours from Albury/Wodonga and 5 hours from Melbourne. So if you dream of a stunning High Country location, an entire weekend wedding celebration with loved ones accommodated onsite or nearby - Hotel High Plains in Dinner Plain is the perfect venue for you.
- Marquees. There is room on the property for a marquee, so if it’s your dream to have an outdoor wedding, this team can source a reputable marquee supplier for you.
- On-site accommodation. Hotel High Plains can sleep up to 54 wedding guests in total, with 18 hotel rooms available. The accommodation is spacious, light-filled, and each room contains a very comfortable bed.
- Excellent restaurant. The Stone’s Throw Restaurant and Cobungra Bar has absolutely delicious mains and drinks. Open for lunch and dinner, your guests who are staying on-site will love the tasty meals and delectable beverages.
Do you offer different packages for food and beverage? If so, can you give us an outline of your most popular inclusions?
Canapes starting at $6pp
Grazing Tables starting at $6pp
Entrees starting at $22pp
Shared Platters from $16pp
Main Courses starting at $29pp
Customised menus available or shared platters
6 menu choices from $36pp
Additional items from $6pp
Dessert starting at $19pp
Sweet feast table from $17pp
A selection of cheese at each table starting at $15pp
Feast Stations from $13pp
“Just had an amazing dinner at Hotel High Plains. Great service, super accommodating with kids and food was 10/10 (and we’re fussy). Best food we’ve tasted on Hotham, great job guys.” Jess