Tucked away in the coastal town of Tuncurry, upscale restaurant Thirty Three Degrees sits by Wallis Lake’s edge, promising couples a stunning waterside venue for their ceremony and reception. While known for their sparkling lake views, Thirty Three Degrees is also a popular destination for food enthusiasts, with this locale one of the best places in town for Sydney Rock Oysters. These scrumptious oysters grow naturally along 1500 kilometres of rugged NSW coastline, centred on latitude 33 degrees — hence the venue name.
Indeed, exquisite fare seemingly plucked fresh from the wildest of daydreams is a draw for couples. Still, it's the contemporary reception space, attentive service, and panoramic Lower North Coast views that seal the deal. At Thirty Three Degrees, indulge in some beautifully fresh oysters, watch the sun go down over crystal blue water, and enjoy one of the most merry nights of celebrating you’ve ever experienced.
“Light, refreshing and tasty menu — simple food is done very well. Amazing flavours and textures. Drinks to die for. Watch the sun go down over the lake and embrace the serenity. Friendly and attentive staff — couldn't have asked for more. — Jamie.
What you'll love about working with Thirty Three Degrees for your Lower North Coast wedding:
- The option for a ‘Hucks’ celebration. This stylish seaside venue is an ideal destination for hens and bucks parties, with its private barge regularly making trips to the nearby private island for a world of photo opportunities. Back at Thirty Three Degrees restaurant, bottomless oysters, Champagne, and private service will be offered to your guests.
- The unique experience stations. Thirty Three Degrees boast an enticing selection of extraordinary food and beverage stations, specialising in seafood options. This includes oyster stations, caviar stations, seafood tasting plates, omakase stations, and a cocktail station.
Highlights of Thirty Three Degrees Lower North Coast:
- Highly efficient wedding coordinator
- Option for lunchtime or evening receptions
- Can craft a three-tier cake made from local and imported cheeses
- Can accommodate dietary restrictions
- Can accommodate up to 110 guests cocktail-style or 70 seated
Wedding packages by Thirty Three Degrees Lower North Coast.
Thirty Three Degrees has an extensive array of wedding packages, including a reception-only option, ‘recovery’ package for the morning after, a winter wedding special, a pre-wedding celebration option, and more.
This is what the Ceremony and Reception package includes:
- 8 hours exclusive venue hire
- All food and beverages
- Linen and crockery
- Set-up for ceremony and reception
- A complimentary bottle of Dom
- Perignon for the happy couple
- Wedding coordinator to liaise with
Wedding catering by Thirty Three Degrees Lower North Coast.
Thirty Three Degrees’ culinary offerings are helmed by the incredibly talented, experienced executive chef, Glenn Thompson. Under his guidance, this world-class catering team lovingly craft the most heavenly fare imaginable and lean into a seafood-centric theme. Two and three-course options are available, as are hot and cold canapes for an elegant cocktail-style occasion.
Some examples of the delectable fare on the wedding menu include:
- Salmon | Tomato Emulsion | Piperade | Garlic Oil
- Kingfish | Nori Ash | Miso Glazed Eggplant | Roast Onion Jus | Cabbage Oil
- Daube of Wagyu Beef | Potato Puree | Baby Carrots | Jus
- Lamb | Smoked Eggplant | Samphire | Anchovy | Capers | Smoked Yoghurt
“33 Degrees is a modern light-filled venue with a large outdoor deck, located on Wallis Lake, Tuncurry side of the bridge. The natural oysters from their own farms were juicy, beautifully fresh, delightfully cold — the best I've had in many a year. The fish (cod) was perfectly done — fresh, moist with a light batter, and hand-cut chips. We ate early at 530 and I could see the restaurant would soon be full. What a delight to find a restaurant of this quality upon the Lake. to chat a delight to find a restaurant of this quality.” — Marion.