Established in 1836, this heritage farm and homestead houses a stately Victorian Georgian manor and two cottages. For an unforgettable rural destination wedding experience, Buckland Estate offers accommodation options that are as comfortable as they are beautiful. In addition to the grand manor and cosy cottages, Buckland Estate offers glamping and camping options and ample parking space for all your guests.
With incredible photo opportunities at every turn, Buckland Estate offers your choice of ceremony and reception location. Why not wed beside the lakeside for a laid-back, natural sense of serenity. On the other hand, if old-world glamour is your style, the manor makes the perfect backdrop — why not opt for a horse and carriage entrance to complete the picture. Whichever your selection, you’ll be put at ease by the dedicated and professional team waiting to welcome your guests.
You and your partner can prepare for your celebration with your respective wedding parties in separate dressing rooms, perfect for “getting ready” photos you will cherish forever. Other thoughtful features include a private formal photography room and multiple furniture options available for your use. Buckland Estate offers a boutique, relaxed, and personalised offering, allowing you the freedom to plan your wedding the way you’ve envisioned.
“We attended a wedding at Buckland estate this weekend, and it was one of the best weddings we have ever been to! The venue is stunning, with beautiful scenery and rolling hills that seem to go on forever! From the moment we arrived, Russell and his team made us feel welcome and were so accommodating. The glamping tents were so cool and very comfortable. There were so many wonderful things that I’m not sure which was my favourite? From eating ice cream on the lush green lawns while the autumn sun hung low in the sky behind us or having dinner under the stars? It was all awesome, just a magical place to visit! We will definitely be back!” — Misty E.
What you’ll love about working with Buckland Estate for your wedding?
- Your choice of numerous ceremony and reception options. Your memories will live forever with this Grand Heritage Estate. With multiple indoor and outdoor locations to choose from, plus a dedicated events team to assist you with your preparations, Buckland Estate is a versatile wedding venue option requiring minimal styling, thanks to its existing beauty.
- Beautiful accommodation options, including glamping. There’s something special about a destination wedding with all of your closest friends and family. So why not encourage your guests to take the weekend for a countryside getaway. With exclusive property hire, you’ll have all the space you need to enjoy the peace and privacy.
- Customised packages. Are you seeking an all-inclusive offering so that you can truly focus on enjoying your wedding day? Or are the preparations half the fun? Buckland Estate offers bespoke packages to suit any wedding size and style.
Highlights of working with Buckland Estate for your wedding?
- No hidden costs
- Ample parking
- BYO alcohol
- Furniture options available
- Private bride’s preparation room
- Separate groom’s preparation room
- Beautiful photo opportunities
- Option to plan your own
- Private formal photography room
What kinds of on-site accommodation options are available?
- Dempster Cottage. A heritage-listed and lovingly-restored freestanding stone cottage built in 1853. Featuring a small yet fully-equipped kitchen, and a spa bath, along with a spacious verandah area to relax and enjoy the scenic view of nature.
- Daisy Cottage. Another spacious and fully equipped cottage with a large living area, a toasty pot belly fireplace, a large kitchen and dining area, a separate laundry/toilet, and an expansive verandah to take in the scenic views.
- Glamping village (queen and king options available). 20 luxury glamping tents are available for your guests to use, featuring quality linens, comfortable beds, electricity (hello, phone charger!), plus cosy electric blankets.
“What a wedding venue! We had our wedding at Buckland Estate over the weekend and couldn’t have asked for a better venue. Buckland offers so much more than just the golden paddocks, beautiful homestead building and wedding barn (which give you the perfect backdrop for great photos). We had our guests stay over the weekend across the cottages, homestead, camping ground and glamping tents. The set-up Russell and his team have created allowed us to celebrate into the night and enjoy each other’s company the following day. Russell and Di were an absolute breeze to deal with, and we had such a stress-free lead-up to the wedding. On the weekend itself, nothing was too difficult for any of the awesome staff who accommodated every request (Russell even let us use his tractor for the ceremony!). We were able to have our dream wedding, and Buckland Estate was a huge part of that. I could not recommend this venue more.” — Andrew C.