For wedding destinations that will impress your guests, you can't look past Vue de monde. Located within the world-renowned Rialto, Vue de monde is an award-winning restaurant with jaw-dropping views of the Melbourne skyline. Guests have their choice of individual room hire or exclusive hire of the entire venue, including a rooftop terrace that offers guests a bird’s eye view of the bustling CBD.
When it comes to inner-city wedding venue, Melbourne’s Vue de monde is about as unique and exciting as they come. Located on Level 55 of the Rialto, Vue de monde is an award-winning Australian/European restaurant serving superior dishes and superior service.
“The food and drinks did not disappoint! The view was incredible, especially sunset! My guests couldn’t stop talking about the venue.” Valerie L
Vue de monde has been impressing guests for more than 20 years, from its humble beginnings as an innovative French restaurant to now serving internationally-renowned Modern Australian/European cuisine. As a whole, the restaurant also serves up some serious drama, from the chic and moody aesthetics, dramatic light fixtures, and of course, the view. From the rooftop terrace, guests have an unobstructed view over Melbourne.
As well as offering exclusive hire, Vue de monde has individual spaces available:
- The Darwin Room + Terrace. The east-facing Darwin Room boasts exclusive access to the Terrace, making it a highly sought-after space.
- Lady Nelson Room. Boasting views of Port Phillip Bay, the Lady Nelson Room is a more intimate events space that features plush furnishings.
- The Estuary. The Vue de monde events team recommends the gorgeous Estuary as a blank canvas events space for couples determined to hold their ceremony onsite.
Vue de monde’s executive chef, Hugh Allen, crafts menus that celebrate the superior quality of local Australian produce combined with established European cuisine. With his talented culinary team, he crafts considered dishes that honour seasonal flavours and local ingredients.
Nearby attractions that are great for wedding photos:
- Federation Square
- SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Crown Casino
- Royal Botanic Gardens
Nearby restaurants to get a pre- or post-wedding snack:
- The Hardware Societe
- Maha Restaurant
- The Meat & Wine Co. Southbank
- MoVida Aqui
Nearby accommodation for the couple and guests:
- InterContinental Melbourne
- W Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne on Collins Hotel
- Quincy Hotel Melbourne
What’s the capacity for events and weddings at Vue de Monde Melbourne?
Vue de monde can accommodate up to 230 guests.
How late can weddings at Vue de Monde Melbourne end?
What’s a wedding at Vue de Monde Melbourne like?
Weddings at Vue de monde are luxurious and exclusive.