Midginbil Eco Resort is a family-owned and operated 400-acre farm playing host to enchanting weddings in Northern Rivers, NSW. Set amongst lush rainforest with mountainous views, the venue’s flexible DIY style wedding package offers a unique country wedding experience. Your guests will delight in exploring the beautiful surrounds situated conveniently between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast.
Exchange vows in a ceremony under the fig tree before diving into a rustic barn ceremony decorated to your tastes by your vendors of choice. Up to 170 of your guests can stay for your three-day celebration, with options to camp, glamp, or set up in one of Midginbil’s lodge rooms or bunkhouse. For your budgeting and convenience, Midginbil Eco Resort also offers the option for your guests to pay for their accommodation and supplementary meal package.
Rose Manor Cottage is a unique, quirky choice for charming weekend accommodation for the wedding couple, with a queen bed, ensuite bathroom, and a small kitchenette. Regardless of which accommodation option you select, you’ll leave Midginbil Eco Resort with lifelong memories of a magical experience.
With over nine years of experience in the hospitality industry, the family-led team from Midginbil Eco Resort prides itself on warm, personalised service. Your Midginbil Eco Resort DIY wedding information package will guide you through the process of planning your affordable and relaxing country wedding. Plus, catering for a BBQ dinner, two delicious cooked breakfasts, plus a light lunch your the wedding is included. The three day and two night hire will give you ample opportunity to enjoy and explore with your loved ones, with tennis court, heated swimming pool, and beautiful rainforest walking paths.
“THE BEST WEDDING VENUE EVER! Midginbil was beyond all our wildest dreams. We were able to fit our entire guest list on-site to stay for two nights for our wedding weekend, which is the best idea ever. Having the extra day made sure the wedding day didn’t fly by too quickly, and we had the best weekend of our lives. Our guests are still raving about all the food and amazing accommodation options. There is not one single thing we would change and would HIGHLY recommend everyone to get married here!” — Courtney + Brandon
What you’ll love about working with Midginbil Eco Resort for your wedding:
- A unique country wedding experience. An immersive three-day country experience, Midginbil Eco Resort features views out to the escarpments of the heritage-listed “Night Cap” National Park. The charming accommodation is surrounded by lush, green sub-tropical rainforest, with a have a solar heated pool, tennis court and volleyball net on site.
- Three-day exclusive hire. Midginbil Eco Resort offers three-day wedding hire, during which you will have all 400 of the spectacular acres to enjoy. Generous bump in and bump out times ensure your wedding preparations and wind-down are relaxing and fun— just as they should be!
- A warm and welcoming team. Having taken over the property in 2020, Russell and Mel have a passion for sharing Midginbil Eco Resort with others. With over nine years in the hospitality industry, Russell and Mel lead an accomodating and friendly team whose in-depth of knowledge the property and surrounds will assist you in your planning and vendor coordination.
Highlights of working with Midginbil Eco Resort for your wedding:
- Available for bookings between 70 and 160 people.
- Your choice of vendors
- Tennis court
- Solar-heated pool
- BYO alcohol
- Mid-week discounted rates
- Meal package includes – Friday night BBQ dinner, Saturday & Sunday delicious cooked breakfasts & light lunch
- Separate billing for your guests’ accommodation costs
- Family owned and operated
- 40 minutes away from Coolangatta airport between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
“If I could give more than a 5-star review, I would. Our guests were absolutely blown away by everything. From the moment we got there to the moment we left, everything was planned and organised. I just cannot believe how stress-free and cruisy you guys are! Mel, you honestly went above, and beyond helping me out. Nothing was too much! There have been so many comments about the food— there was so much, and everything was perfect! I think people will need to go on a diet after all the delicious food. Russell, you did a fantastic job getting the barn, tents and cottage all sorted for our day. Any couple would honestly be crazy not to consider Midginbil as a place to get married. This wedding will be one people will talk about for years to come. Thank you for being a part of our day/weekend and thank you for being such beautiful people.” — Laela + Tommy
Country boy meets Gold Coast Girl! Married 27 years ago on the farm, we raised 3 beautiful children, all working in our family businesses. We own & operate Midginbil Eco resort, purchased in Jan 2020, after owning a holiday park on Lake Hume, Albury, NSW for 7 years and prior to that we were farmers. Our life is one big adventure! We love being here and love hosting weddings. It's just so much fun & such a beautiful location!
Russ & Mel Diffey