The Hunter Valley is home to some of Australia’s most beautiful rustic winery venues, and Peppers Creek is no exception. Home to a popular Cellar Door, visitors travel from all across the region to spend time at Peppers Creek; and it’s also a highly sought after destination for weddings. Peppers Creek is an impressive building constructed from century-old sandstone and features showstopping 3m-high Indian elephant doors.
“We had our wedding in their gorgeous chapel. When we first saw it, we just fell in love. We knew straight away that we want to get married in Peppers Creek. It was a beautiful day and the vineyard was lush. It was a fairy tale kind of feeling when you get married in a small chapel on the vineyard. The staff are great too, very helpful and kind. Highly recommend the place.” Trixia B
Couples are drawn to the sandstone chapel located on the property, a non-denominational ceremony space. Featuring golden walls, a high peaked ceiling, exposed rafters, and plenty of natural light, the chapel is a magical space to begin your married life. The estate has a distinctly European aesthetic that instantly transports you to the rolling hills of rural Tuscany, emphasised by Peppers Creek’s Tuscan barrel room. Featuring dark timber beams and floors and a 20ft gabled ceiling, this spacious room features luxury elements like hanging candelabra, gilded mirrors, and lush floral pieces.
The barrel room is home to a 5m stone fireplace, the largest in the Hunter Valley. During the winter months, this roaring fire will keep your guests in good spirits as they bask in the warmth. You can arrange the room for a formal seated affair or a relaxed cocktail event, with plenty of room for a musical performer and a dancefloor. For a breath of fresh air, your guests can stroll around the verandah and overlook the property. For an outdoor reception or dancefloor space, there’s a space for a tent or marquee.
For the bridal and groom party, there’s onsite accommodation that you can use to get ready in the morning, and to retire after the festivities have come to a close. Peppers Creek Village has three stone cottages with cosy furnishings, fireplaces, spacious bathrooms and natural light. The cottages can accommodate up to 26 guests, making them perfect for the wedding party and select guests. There is plenty of nearby accommodation for other guests to grab a nightcap.
What you’ll love about Peppers Creek Hunter Valley for your wedding:
- The gourmet catering. Catering at Peppers Creek includes a wide variety of canapes and plated dishes, with vegetarian and dietary options. The culinary team are more than happy to adjust menus according to cultural preferences, and they offer discounts on meals for young children and your wedding suppliers.
- Stunning photo ops. From the sandstone chapel to the 3m-high Indian elephant doors, to the rows of vineyards, Peppers Creek has no shortage of stunning backdrops for your wedding photos. Your photographer will be delighted with the choices!
- The onsite accommodation. At the stone cottages in Peppers Creek Village, you’ll discover ideal getting-ready locations for you and your partners. There’s room for up to 26 guests to sleep over, too!
Highlights of Peppers Creek Hunter Valley
- Onsite non-denominational chapel
- Rustic meets luxury
- Tuscan-style winery venue