Situated in the Hunter Valley, Dalwood Estate is a historic, winery wedding venue, with this stunning estate claiming the title of Australia’s oldest, riverfront vineyard. Resting along the banks of the Hunter River, this breathtaking wedding venue is just waiting to entertain and impress your loved ones with its natural beauty. Formerly known as Wyndham Estate, Dalwood Estate has recently re-opened under its original name, paying homage to its history as one of the oldest vineyards in Australia - first established in 1828.
The location is certainly a highlight for couples, however, the expansive function centre and cellar door, built in 1904 from local sandstone hand-cut by convicts, is just as impressive. The function centre features a number of rooms that can be styled for intimate micro weddings or larger occasions. It looks out over meticulously-groomed, lush vineyards that make a stunning backdrop for a wedding. The vineyards offer spectacular settings for photographs with flourishing vines, historic buildings, open green fields, and a gently flowing river all offering a magnificent setting. If you’d prefer an outdoor wedding under the stars, a marquee overlooking the vineyards can be perfectly positioned to take advantage of the tranquil ambience
Dalwood Estate’s weddings are catered superbly by the renowned restaurant MEET. While the delicious wines are from the home-grown Hunter Valley vines of Dalwood, Hungerford Hill, and the legendary Sweetwater. The estate has a dedicated wedding planner and stylist who will bring your wedding vision to life, perfecting even the most minor detail.
What you can expect when working with Dalwood Estate for your Hunter Valley wedding:
- Historic winery wedding venue. Dalwood Estate was first established in 1828, making it Hunter Valley’s premier winery - history buffs, you’ll want to add this vineyard to your must-see list.
- Photo locations. Rose filled gardens, flowing river, and - oh, yes - the vineyard! This enchanting wedding venue isn’t short of picturesque places for a couples wedding photoshoot. Your photographer will have a field day!
- Stylish design. From exposed vaulted ceilings and rustic brick walls to natural timber and aged old barrels, this venue’s interior has an industrial-chic vibe, and can be dressed up or down. The space is chic, modern, and oh-so stylish.
- Delectable wines. Well… what’s a winery wedding venue without absolutely delicious wines? Dalwood Estate offers many varieties of high-quality wines. Choosing your wedding beverages will certainly be a fun task!
- On-site wedding planner. If you’ve been fretting at the thought of on-the-day wedding coordination, you’ll be equally relieved and delighted to know that Dalwood Estate has you covered, and provides a talented wedding planner to all their couples.
- Tasty meal options. Whether you’re looking to host a formal seated dinner or relaxed cocktail-style celebration, Dalwood Estate’s catering partner, Meet Catering, can make some seriously scrumptious dishes that your loved ones will devour!
Here’s what else you need to know about Dalwood Estate.
- Incredible location. Nestled on the banks of the Hunter River, Dalwood Estate is situated in a prime location, with the natural setting showcasing Australia’s native beauty - it’s a truly idyllic venue with a relaxed ambience.
- Marquees. If you’re leaning towards a marquee wedding, you’ll be thrilled to know Dalwood Estate has plenty of space for you to put up a marquee. Just imagine how lovely a summer wedding under the stars would be!
- Wet weather option. And if wet weather should strike on your wedding day? Well, Dalwood Estate’s Cask Room is a great ceremony location. It has cathedral ceilings, sandstone walls, and mood lighting.
- Exclusive use. When you book your wedding at Dalwood Estate, you will have exclusive use of the entire property, which is fantastic for anyone wanting complete privacy or a larger wedding.
* Photography: joshuamikhaiel | ropeandpulley