On the northwest coast of Tasmania, Rustic Haven sits nestled in amongst expansive farmland and bush. It’s peaceful. Quiet. Totally secluded. The only sounds you can hear are the native birds, and the quiet trickle of Detention River as it flows past this exquisite wedding venue. Perched on the river’s edge, Rustic Haven boasts ample viewing points of the picturesque landscape, which includes plenty of gum trees, wild lavender, and restored vintage equipment. This rustic equipment acts as gorgeous wedding photo props, with the impressive windmill, horse cart, and 1937 sunshine harvester all favourites among bridal parties.
But before we get to wedding photoshoot props, let’s chat about your ceremony! Ceremonies at Rustic Haven usually overlook the serene water, with towering native trees and blooming lavender wrapping around the site. Meanwhile, a rectangular, wooden arbour provides the picture-perfect finishing touches on the spot. The owners of this beautiful Tasmanian wedding venue have a penchant for restoring vintage items, so you might find a few of these historical items around the site, too.
After taking photos with a number of rustic props around the gorgeous property, you’ll be delighted to head to your wedding reception. As a DIY wedding venue, couples are welcome to bring in their choice of caterers or - as many couples have begun opting for - a food truck. Wedding guests can enjoy their food in Rustic Haven’s designated reception area - the barn. This charming barn boasts vaulted ceilings, banquet tables, and fairy lights, and has a rustic vibe - it’s perfect for boho or laidback weddings. The barn is a dazzling place to kick off your wedding celebrations, and an ideal place to make unforgettable memories.
“The best day of my life took place at Sally and Richard's Rustic Haven. Sally and Richard are the most down to earth easy to get along with people and made the days leading up to and the day of our wedding so smooth and easy. Couldn't recommend this place enough, don't even hesitate to check this beautiful place out!! Thank you so much Sally and Richard.” Kiarna
What you can expect when working with Rustic Haven for your wedding:
- DIY wedding venue. Rustic Haven is a DIY wedding venue, and invites couples to bring in their preferred caterer and put their own personal touches on the space.
- Picturesque surroundings. Set on the edge of Detention River, Rustic Haven offers prime viewing of the gorgeous local area. Here, you’ll see gum trees, wildlife, and - of course - water views.
- Glamping under the stars. If you're so inclined, you might like to stay on the farm for a fun night of camping. This means you can stay and party into the wee hours before waking to a spectacular sunrise.
Highlights of working with Rustic Haven:
- Plenty of rustic props to pose with
- Beautiful scenery and picturesque venue
- Ability to choose your own caterer
- Lots of space for camping on the farm
- Outdoor ceremony location overlooking a river
“Craig and myself had the pleasure of holding our wedding and reception at Rustic Haven. We would like to say a huge thank you to Sally and Richard who went above and beyond to make our day an awesome event! Sally had everything covered, we didn’t have to think about too much as she had it pretty much organised. So thank you both Sally and Richard for making our day all the more special. All our guests had a great time! 5 stars all the way!” Tracy