If a beautiful country wedding venue set atop rolling pastures sounds like a dream come true, you might like to visit one of the Gold Coast Hinterland’s most exclusive wedding venues - Hazelwood Estate. Led by owners Claire and Andrew, Hazelwood Estate is a private and secluded wedding venue located outside of Beechmont, and is just a short drive away from the Gold Coast and 90 minutes from Brisbane.
At this picturesque, 75-acre wagyu and polo farm, you’ll find an elegant, modern wedding venue and plenty of dazzling ceremony sites. These idyllic ceremony locations include under a towering fig tree and on manicured lawns, each boasting uninterrupted views over the neighbouring World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park - home of the ancient Gondwana rainforest.
After your magical country ceremony, your guests can mingle with canapes and champagne on the sunset terrace, taking in supreme views over the luscious Scenic Rim hinterland before retreating indoors for a paddock-to-plate dining experience.
The wedding menus at Hazelwood Estate tie in with this country venue’s vision of a simple, relaxed life: Ingredients are grown fresh in the Estate’s garden, while the meals are meant to be lovingly shared on long timber tables at intimate celebrations - preferably with a drink in hand.
After the festivities, retire to your modern, on-site accommodation for some R&R with your new wife or husband. Hazelwood Estate can provide you with multiple elegant options, including Estate Cabins, Luxury Pavilions, and a spacious, light-filled, luxuriously appointed homestead. The morning after your wedding, enjoy the fresh country air and bird songs with a cup of joe and watch the sunrise over the rolling hinterland.
What you can expect when working with Hazelwood Estate for your wedding:
- Stunning national park views. Hazelwood Estate overlooks one of Australia’s most spectacular natural wonders - World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park. From the Estate, you’ll see the lush rainforest that’s become synonymous with the national park and lush pastures.
- Fresh meals made from local produce. Hazelwood Estate utilities the flavoursome ingredients from their own garden to make exquisite dishes that’ll go down a treat with guests.
- Elegant venue with ceremony options. This breathtaking Estate has numerous ceremony sites available for gorgeous country weddings.
- Modern-luxe accommodation. There are several accommodation options for hire, including cabins, glamping tents, pavilions, and a modern, elegant homestead. This Homestead offers panoramic views of the valleys of Lamington National Park and, on the other side, a coastline.
- Luxurious day spa and bridal suite. Hazelwood Estate has an opulent day spa on the premises, which can also be used as a bridal suite for the morning of your wedding. This chic retreat comes with salon-style hair and makeup consoles, lounges, and floor-length mirrors.
Here’s what else you need to know about Hazelwood Estate.
- Idyllic, country location. Hazelwood Estate is ideally located and is situated 90 minutes from Brisbane and 45 minutes from the sunny Gold Coast - it’s on the way to Binna Burra.
- Wet weather option. Hazelwood Estate can provide a wet weather alternative should rain fall on your wedding day.
- Ceremony capacity. The ceremony sites are suitable for wedding guest lists of various sizes.
- Plenty of activities for guests. If you have wedding guests staying either on-site or in the area, there’s certainly plenty for them to do, including bushwalking through Lamington National Park, horse riding, and hang gliding.