In Victoria's breathtaking Otway Ranges - just outside of Lorne and close to the Great Ocean Road, King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre provides a rustic setting for DIY weddings. Secluded and magical, King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre hosts both formal and informal weddings, with the intimate Lodge and Hall ideal for laidback weddings and the lawn a perfect spot for grand, marquee receptions. On the other hand, ceremonies can be held in a myriad of locations on the stunning property - each with beautiful views.
Indeed, your wedding can be held anywhere on the 200-acre grounds - the options are endless! You might take advantage of the property's elevation and wed with a gorgeous view of the Pennyroyal Valley in the background, or you might like an intimate forest wedding beside the creek, complete with birdsong and towering trees - it's entirely up to you. The best part? Your fur babies are invited to come and watch you wed - and feature in the photoshoot afterwards, of course.
“An amazing place to have a wedding, our youngest daughter was married here 11 years ago. All the family and friends booked the whole place out for 3 days, I can only say incredible, amazing, and beautiful.” June
What you’ll love about working with King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre for your Great Ocean Road wedding:
- The plentiful on-site accommodation. This pet-friendly venue offers plenty of on-site accommodation through comfortable cottages and a charming campground - perfect for summertime sleepouts under the stars.
- The beautiful valley views. King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre is set in bushland and looks out over the Pennyroyal Valley, offering supreme views of the area’s beauty. Keep an eye out for echidnas, kangaroos, and many native birds at this quintessentially Australian wedding venue.
Highlights of working with King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre:
- Capacity for up to 80 wedding guests in the hall
- Multiple stunning ceremony sites
- Design your DIY wedding to your liking
- Breathtaking bushland and valley views
- Plenty of on-site cottages, room for 34 guests
- Close to Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Farm and native animals on the property
“We had our wedding at King Parrot in November 2016 and absolutely loved the venue. With the whole facility to ourselves for the 2 days, we had plenty of time to relax and enjoy our wedding day with our guests ... All of the cottages are beautiful (we had guests in all) and had many comments about how beautiful and tranquil the property is.” Jac