Situated in dense bushland, King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre is a rustic DIY wedding venue with unparalleled Pennyroyal Valley views. Characterful and relaxed, King Parrot Cottages offers couples stunning ceremony sites, a hall with a capacity for 80 guests, on-site cottages, and lots of native animals. Surrounded by enchanting forest, this dog-friendly venue is ideal for those who love nature.
In Victoria's breathtaking Otway Ranges — just outside of Lorne and close to the Great Ocean Road, King Parrot Cottages and Event Centre provides a rustic setting for DIY weddings. Secluded and magical, King Parrot Cottages and Event Centre hosts both formal and informal weddings, with the intimate Lodge and Hall ideal for laidback, botique, initimate weddings. Ceremonies can be held in the Enchanted Garden amid birdsong and towering trees, on the lawn in front of the lodge and hall with a gorgeous view of the Pennyroyal Valley in the background or an intimate forest wedding beside the creek. You have access to the whole 200-acre grounds for endless stunning photo opporuntiies. The options are endless! The best part? Your fur babies are invited to come and watch you wed — and feature in the photo shoot afterwards, of course.
“An amazing place to have a wedding, our youngest daughter was married here 11 years ago. All the family and friends booked the whole place out for 3 days, I can only say incredible, amazing, and beautiful.” June
What you’ll love about working with King Parrot Cottages and Event Centre for your Great Ocean Road wedding:
- The plentiful on-site accommodation. This pet-friendly venue offers plenty of on-site accommodation through six comfortable cottages and a charming campground — perfect for summertime sleepouts under the stars.
- The beautiful valley views. King Parrot Cottages and Event Centre is set in bushland and looks out over the Pennyroyal Valley, offering supreme views of the area’s beauty. Keep an eye out for echidnas, kangaroos, and many native birds at this quintessentially Australian wedding venue.
- Exclusive hire. When you book your wedding experience at King Parrot Cottages you have exclusive hire of the stunning 200-acre property. This offers unparalleled privacy and serenity as you relax with only your nearest and dearest.
Highlights of working with King Parrot Cottages & Event Centre:
- Capacity for up to 80 wedding guests in the hall
- Multiple stunning ceremony sites
- Design your DIY wedding to your liking
- Breathtaking bushland and valley views
- Plenty of on-site cottages, room for 34 guests plus an additional 20 in the campground
- Close to Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Farm and native animals on the property
“We had our wedding at King Parrot in November 2016 and absolutely loved the venue. With the whole facility to ourselves for the 2 days, we had plenty of time to relax and enjoy our wedding day with our guests ... All of the cottages are beautiful (we had guests in all) and had many comments about how beautiful and tranquil the property is.” — Jac
Our family acquired King Parrot Cottages and Event Centre in May of 2021. Ryan and I have two sons, Taj and Zac. All four of us love the bush and adventure. Ryan and I have a particular passion for bringing people together in a natural environment. Hosting weddings is a wonderful way to do this and we take great pleasure in hosting weddings at our venue.