The impressively spacious ivy Ballroom is set inside a heritage building with an awe-worthy staircase - perfect for an unforgettable entrance. Soaring ceilings, combine with an abundance of natural light, all to be perfectly complemented by your own designs vis-a-vis the in-house stylists and florists. Dazzling chandeliers dot the space, with a black-and-white design concept that makes it easy to add your unique wedding styling spin.
Add an award-winning catering team and ivy Ballroom sets the perfect scene for your dream wedding. At ivy, you'll have personalised wedding planning and assistance with everything from bespoke menu creation to your picture-perfect flowers.
Top 3 things you’ll love about your ivy Ballroom wedding:
- Alfresco wedding spaces. The large outdoor garden terrace provides seamless indoor-outdoor entertaining, allowing for that perfect wedding day flow. Bestow your guests with champagne and canapes in the garden, followed by a multi-course seated dinner in the ballroom.
- The atmosphere. Located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, the spacious ballroom boasts an impressive staircase entrance, high ceilings, abundant natural light, and a stylish black-and-white interior that makes a romantic, candlelit setting.
- Award-winning catering. Part of the Merivale Group's extensive portfolio, the Ivy Ballroom caters to every wedding style. Menus can be easily customised, and you can rest assured your wedding day menus will not only be delicious and beautifully presented, but also served by a warm, friendly face.
What the ivy Ballroom wedding venue is like:
- Magnificent grand staircase entrance
- Contemporary decor including large chandeliers and stylish carpet
- An abundance of natural light
- A spacious, purpose-built wedding venue with flexible floorplan options
- Six-metre high ceilings, pillarless ballroom
- Huge, covered garden terrace
Here’s what else you need to know about ivy Ballroom weddings:
- Seated dinner capacity of up to 370 guests
- Cocktail style reception capacity of up to 1,000 guests
- Packages start from around $175 per guest
- Weddings incur a venue hire fee or minimum spend
- The venue is licensed until Midnight
Am I allowed external suppliers at the ivy Ballroom?
- Merivale is the exclusive catering team at ivy Ballroom
- The venue allows for external music including live bands and DJs
- In-house visual styling, production and florist team are available
- External suppliers can be brought in to style the wedding space upon approval
- Third-party furniture must be set up by the supplier used
ivy Ballroom services and facilities for receptions always include, but are not limited to:
- Award-winning in-house catering
- Several bars and restaurants in the ivy complex for pre or post-wedding drinks and dining
- Personalised wedding planning and assistance
- Wedding ceremony facilities
- Wheelchair access
- Discounted parking nearby
- Full AV support, lighting and staging through Scene Change (in-house supplier)
What are some of the nearby attractions to Ivy Ballroom?
- Establishment Precinct
- Wynyard train station
- Martin Place train station
- King Street Wharf
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Doltone House Hyde Park
- Queen Victoria Building