Nestled in Sydney’s most famous public gardens, The Botanic House is a gorgeous outdoor destination for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Overlooking a tranquil pond with towering palms and whimsical foliage, The Botanic House is an attractive extension of its environment. The split-level venue allows you to host all sections of your day in one place.
The Farm Cove is the ground-level event space, which makes a picturesque ceremony venue or a gathering area for welcome drinks. Guests can also spill out onto the alfresco decking, which gives the venue an airy, relaxed feel. Upstairs, The Botanic House restaurant has a built-in bar and a modern Scandinavian appeal, where you can dine and dance on into the night.
For the ultimate dining experience, Trippas White Group culinary partners are well versed in delivering high-quality wedding meals in a variety of cuisines. They can prepare sharing feasts, innovative bowl food or even a selection of live cooking stations. The team will work with you to bring your gastronomic visions to life and in doing so, they’ll exceed all expectations.
Top three things you’ll love about your Botanic House wedding:
- Royal Botanic Gardens. Sydney’s Royal Botanic Gardens are a cherished tourist attraction; they make a beautiful seasonal backdrop to any outdoor wedding. Wedding photographers also love to capture the happy couple in this unique Sydney setting.
- Contemporary style. For couples who would like a modern aesthetic on their wedding day, Botanic House is a minimalist lover’s dream. There are sleek Scandinavian style tables and chairs included, or you can bring in your own decor to make it unique.
- Delicious catering. The Trippas White Group are the exclusive culinary partners at Botanic House. They have the expertise and experience to make a wedding menu offering to remember. All dietaries and specific requests can be accommodated.
The versatile ceremony and reception options at Botanic House:
- Botanic House. This airy two-storey building is perfect for a relaxed garden wedding in Sydney. Positioned next to a garden pond with a spacious outdoor decking area, you and your guests can enjoy the beauty of the gardens on the terrace and through the floor to ceiling windows. The Farm Cove eatery on the ground floor and the restaurant upstairs are flooded with natural light and feature gorgeous bespoke fittings.
What Botanic House wedding space is like:
- An all in one wedding destination with expansive garden views
- Outdoor terrace for alfresco drinks and canape receptions
- Exclusive use of the venue on your wedding day
- The maximum capacity is 150 seated and 300 standing
- Experienced Botanic House Wedding Coordinator
- Open-plan layout with a variety of table plan options
- Direct access to the Royal Botanic Gardens
- All weddings must conclude at 11.30 pm
Here’s what else you need to know about Botanic House weddings:
- Option to hire the trackless train for guest pick up and drop off
- Beautiful outdoor photo opportunities in and around the venue
- Trippas White Group can provide you with bespoke menus
- State of the art AV equipment is installed for you to use
- Close proximity to Sydney CBD, parking and public transport
- Plenty of nearby 5-star hotel accommodation nearby
What Botanic House couples say:
‘What a great venue for a wedding reception! We had the ceremony in the morning at the Herb Garden (5 mins walk from the Botanic Gardens Restaurant), and then held a lunch reception at the restaurant afterwards. It was a small, cosy and intimate wedding. The service and food were flawless. The venue is bright and open with a nice view of the gardens. They also gave us 1-night accommodation as part of the package at Pier One Sydney Harbour hotel which was fantastic.’ Rina
How much does a wedding at Botanic House cost?
The total price of a Botanic House wedding is based on a minimum spend. Minimum spends apply depending on the day of the week and time of the year, and The Botanic House wedding packages per person start from around $125 per person.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Botanic House?
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Mrs Macquarie’s Chair
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney CBD
- Circular Quay
Is Botanic House a nice place for a wedding?
Definitely. If you’re looking for a relaxed nature-themed wedding venue in Sydney with direct outdoor access, the Botanic House will tick all of the right boxes. This split-level venue is filled with natural light and it has a cool contemporary aesthetic that you and your guests will love.