If other-worldly romance, literature, great art, and enchanting garden vistas sound like a good time, you’ll love the historic-elegant wedding venue, The Convent Daylesford. This multi-award-winning wedding venue was built for the Gold Warden during the 1860s gold rush, acted as a convent for near-90 years, and was expertly restored in 1988, making it a truly distinctive mansion with a rich history and plenty of culture.
For couples desiring a traditional ceremony, there is the classic Chapel or two romantic garden locations. As for those after a contemporary ceremony, there is the stunning Atrium. Meanwhile, the post-reception after-party celebrations are often held in The Altar Bar, which entices couples with its eclectic blend of decor, extensive wine list, and innovative cocktails. Whether you’re a history buff, find solace amongst nature, or are on the hunt for a sophisticated venue with character, The Convent Daylesford is an excellent find.
“If I could give 10 stars I would! ... not only is the venue absolutely stunning, but I honestly cannot speak any more highly of the whole The Convent team!! The support and can-do attitude on the day were incredible! Carol & Marija, many times you pre-empted our needs and we truly wouldn't have been able to pull off the day as seamlessly without your help and support, all of which was always done with a warm and friendly approach! I will be recommending The Convent to anyone who will listen in the future, the service and stunning venue were outstanding!” — Brittany.
Wedding reception spaces at The Convent Daylesford.
The Convent Daylesford offers couples the choice of two striking wedding reception spaces: the St Lawrence Room and the St Michael’s Room. Here’s what you need to know about both magnificent areas:
- The St Lawrence Room. This divine room seats up to 60 guests. It boasts a balcony overlooking charming Daylesford and a decking area that traverses into the colourful gardens, which are beautifully illuminated in the evenings.
- The St Michaels Room. The St Michaels Room can accommodate up to 120 guests and includes a spacious dancefloor. It conveniently contains bi-folding doors that open to the deck, allowing guests to mingle outdoors while still being able to access the festivities inside. This marvellous space is adorned with festoon lighting, creating a beautiful sense of occasion.
Highlights of The Convent Daylesford:
- Historic building masterfully restored in 1988
- Voted in the Top 10 Wedding Venues in Australia
- Beautifully scented, flourishing gardens
- Warm, friendly customer service
- Modern designs paired with old-world charm
- Exotic cocktails and a diverse, boutique wine list
- Breathtaking views of Victoria’s central highlands
- Situated atop Wombat Hill, overlooking the town
- Has three incredible accommodation options
- Offers customisable all-inclusive wedding packages
- Boasts four floors, seven gallery spaces, a museum
- Located 75 minutes from the Melbourne CBD
“We had our wedding here in March (just before the lockdown) and it was the most perfect day. Could not recommend this venue highly enough. The wedding planner and waitstaff, the gardens, the venue, the food and drink — all 5 star. All our guests commented on what an amazing wedding venue it was.” — Christopher.