Formerly known as the Athol Gardens Hotel, the original building was constructed in 1850. Its rich history added to the venue’s charm. In recent years, the restored heritage wedding venue has been renovated to make the most of the gorgeous space and world-famous waterfront views of the harbour, including the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House. For a fantastic photographic opportunity, ensure plenty are taken as the sun sets and the lights of Sydney’s landmarks turn on - the glistening views that make Athol Hall popular make themselves evident.
On the exterior of Athol Hall, there is an outdoor, undercover balcony running the venue’s length, perfect for your wedding guests to engage in chit-chat while pre-dinner canapes and champagne circulate. With access to the beautiful lawn and surrounding serene park areas, consider organising lawn games for your wedding guests to enjoy. Immersive entertainment is hugely popular across the board, from young children to uncles, aunts, and grandparents. They are great fun and bound to create some amusing and priceless memories for everyone. Still, lawn games are great for keeping guests occupied between the end of your civil ceremony and the beginning of reception.
Inside the rustic-style Athol Hall, the exposed beams, beautiful timber floors, white wooden walls, and high ceilings provide a blank canvas for you to design and set up your reception anyway you desire, while the white finishes and French Oak Louis dining chairs add a touch of elegance to the characterful room. Well sized, there is adequate space inside Athol Hall for up to 130 guests silver service dinner, or if that is too formal for your liking, opt for a cocktail and bowl food standing arrangement which can comfortably accommodate up to 200 guests.
For ceremonies, National Parks and Wildlife manage two mesmerising locations to say your vows. The lawn located directly in front of the Athol Hall, aptly named Athol Hall Lawn, boasts sweeping views and a grand entrance for your ceremony with stairs leading down. For those with an intimately sized guest-list of fewer than 120 guests, Bradley’s Head Amphitheatre is an exceptionally popular lookout in Sydney Harbour National Park, the ideal location for couples seeking a ceremony with breathtaking views.
“My husband and I got married here over the weekend. The staff at Athol Hall made ours and our guests day absolutely seamless. We were so well attended. Everything was organised and went exactly right. The food was delicious and we had so many comments from our guests saying the same. Lauren, Alissa and Mauricio were pivotal in making sure our day went as planned. We cannot thank the staff enough for everything they did for us.” Kehsla
What you can expect when working with Athol Hall for your wedding:
- Breathtaking Sydney Harbour views. Situated by the harbour’s edge, Athol Hall boasts premium views over the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Two stunning ceremony sites. Whether you decide on stunning Bradley’s Head Amphitheatre or Athol Hall Lawn for your ceremony, you’ll have a magnificent backdrop for your nuptials.
- Beautiful wedding photo locations. You might like to take wedding photos on the lovely grounds of the National Park and Athol Beach.
Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- Sweeping views of Sydney Harbour and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Perfect for intimate gatherings or more significant celebrations of up to
- 130 seated guests with a dancefloor or 200 guests for a cocktail party.
- Restored heritage venue.
- Located within the National Park at Bradley’s Head Mosman, in front of Athol Hall beach.
- Designed by internationally renowned designer Angela Neylon.
- Photographic opportunities on the old stone jetty or along the bush trails.
- On-site parking.
“We had our wedding reception at Athol Hall and it was amazing in every single way! We knew from the first time we went to see this venue that it was the one! The views alone are reason enough to host a function here ... The place looked gorgeous and they even accommodated for my own personal touches! The setting was picturesque. The food was excellent. The service, especially by Matthew, was exceptional. Thank you so much for helping us create the most magical day.” Hannah