Nestled in Kurrajong - roughly an hour from Sydney's CBD, Plynlimmon 1860 Heritage Cottage sits surrounded by hilltop gardens, providing a beautiful space for DIY, outdoor weddings. A heritage-listed property, Plynlimmon 1860 Heritage Cottage has been masterfully restored and now plays host to private weddings.
Wedding ceremonies are often held under the 200-year-old fig tree, with lush foliage surrounding the area and views of a peaceful valley and the Blue Mountains peeking through. As for receptions, some couples choose to set up a marquee, while others opt for a feast on long banquet tables under the stars. Whatever your pick, you'll have a stunning backdrop for your nuptials and reception at this hidden oasis.
Instead of charging an arm and a leg to use their heritage-listed property, the lovely owners of this charming Hawkesbury Hills wedding venue offer well-priced DIY wedding packages. Prices start from as little as $2500 for venue hire and a night of accommodation, with prices heading up to $3800 for the inclusion of extras such as ceremony basics, welcome sign, cake table, gift table, wine barrels and stools, .
Interested in a DIY wedding at Plynlimmon 1860 Heritage Cottage? There's room for you to invite up to 80 wedding guests, with this beautiful property best suited for intimate to medium-sized occasions.
“Gorgeous house, meticulously restored. Comfortable bed. Hubby enjoyed an afternoon kicking back and relaxing in the gorgeous rose gardens with abundant parrots and birds. Close to Kurrajong shops and cafes for a great breakfast or drive to the mountains. Five cafes open for breakfast and very busy with patrons!” Karen
What you’ll love about working with PLYNLIMMON 1860 Heritage Cottage for your NSW wedding:
- The enchanting gardens. Plynlimmon 1860 Heritage Cottage boasts heritage-listed gardens, which include a 200-year-old fig tree and gorgeous purple flowers that look stunning in wedding photos.
- The flexibility to design your wedding. A DIY garden wedding venue, Plynlimmon 1860 Heritage Cottage allows couples to put their own personal touches on the space, encouraging creativity and a one-of-a-kind occasion.
- The family-oriented owners. This beautiful wedding venue acts as the family business for owners Marisa and Guido, who have now passed the torch to their daughter Elissa, who has years of events and hospitality experience.
Highlights of working with PLYNLIMMON 1860 Heritage Cottage:
- Restored 1860 Victorian heritage property
- Panoramic country and Blue Mountains views
- Bring in your own caterer and suppliers
- Design your outdoor, DIY wedding as you please
- On-site accommodation for up to five guests
- Beautiful family-run business
- Stay the night before, get ready on-site
- Capacity for up to 80 wedding guests
- Packages and special weekday offers
- Option to hire a coordinator
- Located an hour north-west of Sydney
“Fantastic hospitality, a warm and engaging heritage home, parrots in the garden, spring magnolia, jonquils and snowdrops, and best of all a home-cooked Italian meal at the end of the day. We relaxed into the evening with such pleasure, in front of a winter fire. Gorgeous!” Kelly