There is so much work that goes on behind-the-scenes leading up to an event, on the day and after the event. What may look like just a 2 hour ‘bump in’ at a venue is usually more like a 16-hour day for us, with packing vans & trailers, collecting furniture/props, bumping in, installation and then bumping out at midnight.
After we have packed up an event comes the cleaning. Each and every piece needs to be checked, cleaned and sorted. Then there is the return of all the props to suppliers or storage.
Leading up to an event there is the styling consultation, site visits, design work, quoting, sourcing suppliers and items and the many hours of emails and client correspondence throughout the entire planning process.
It can take weeks, even months to source, upcycle, repair, design and build styling props for events.
We also dedicate a lot of time to our event run sheets. It’s so critical we get this part right, as these coordinate who does what and when, and also exactly what gets packed in our trailer for styling on event day.
Some other things that can influence our pricing are:
* Travel required
* How much furniture and decorating is needed
* Whether lighting is necessary
* Flowers and hanging greenery
* Size of the team needed
* How long it may take to set up
* How much time is allowed to set up (the less time for bump-in, the more staff required)
* Accessibility to the venue (is it quick & easy to load & unload, or is it up several flights of stairs?)
* Parking at the venue for van/truck access to unload furniture and props (if there is a large distance to walk to your Ceremony location or Venue, extra staff will be needed and probably trolleys to transport everything too)
* Site visits
* Supplier management
* Bump out procedures