Situated in New South Wales’ far north coast, musicians Croaker and the Honeybee are extraordinarily talented wedding and event entertainers, performing fun, ecclectic tunes for couples on their big day. Also entertaining at weddings in Byron Bay and Lismore, Croaker and the Honeybee’s Elphie and Markus are highly experienced musicians, offering brides and grooms brilliant entertainment that will get their guests dancing and even singing along. The pair can play and sing to a range of genres, so whether you’re after folk music to get the party started or pop with a Spanish twist, this versatile duo can make it happen. Couples just love the energy and fun Croaker and the Honeybee bring to their weddings, with guests often commenting on the terrific choice of material and incredible performances - guests won’t be able to help themselves, there will be dancing! While their sound is full as a duo, they team up with incredible musicians and add violin, saxophone and double bass to the mix when requested.
“Their combination is compelling as is their song writing. It doesn’t matter what language Honeybee is singing in… I get it. Go see them live - it’s worth it. But if you can’t get to a gig then download some of their songs. I play them when the sun is going down because it feels like the perfect music for that time of day.” Flan, Hot Tomato 1029
What you can expect when working with Croaker and the Honeybee for your wedding:
- Brilliant vocals. Croaker and the Honeybee are seasoned professionals, with a great command of their vocals and experience performing for crowds. They don’t waver, and perform clearly, confidently and sound absolutely terrific.
- Range of genres. From blues and folk music to jazz and flamenco, Croaker and the Honeybee are extremely versatile, and can perform a range of genres - so if you’re after something a little bit different, why not give it a go?
- Incredible performances. Croaker and the Honeybee are known for their energetic, soulful performances that really move a crowd - whether that’s emotionally or physically.
- Connection. Croaker and the Honeybee connect with guests of all ages. Their passion for their music and performance is evident, and guests pick up on this, encouraging them to listen and feel the music - before getting up to dance, of course.
Here’s what else you need to know about Croaker and the Honeybee:
- Can organise a band. While Elphie and Markus are an incredible musical duo, they can also arrange to have a full band with them on stage, including a saxophonist, bassist and even a violinist. Yes, your wedding will be super impressive with a violinist!
- Different languages. Croaker and the Honeybee’s Elphie is a singer and linguist, and can perform in five languages - talk about talent.
- Original songs. Markus is a talented songwriter and has written a number of beautiful, original songs. If you’re after a unique, heartfelt song exclusive for your wedding, please let Croaker and the Honeybee know, they’re more than happy to play something for you.
- Willing to travel. Croaker and the Honeybee are willing to travel around the New South Wales north coast to be there on your wedding day - they just love exploring new places and seeing the smile on couples’ faces when they perform.
Do you play at other events besides weddings?
Yes! Croaker and the Honeybee are highly experienced professionals, and have performed at festivals, parties, restaurants, birthdays - you name it! If you like what you hear and see at your wedding, Croaker and the Honeybee can certainly perform at another event for you.
How would you describe your style?
Croaker and the Honeybee has an eclectic style, and takes inspiration from a number of national and international influences. They are known for taking their guests on a ‘journey around the world’ as their setlists usually incorporate a range of genres - think flamenco, French cafe, folk, country, rock and pop.
“Thanks so much for a wonderful night of music and dancing.” Sonia
“Thank you Croaker & the Honeybee for playing at our party at Tuntable Creek on Saturday night. You were fantastic and everybody loved you.” Jeanne