We wish you all the very best on you’re engagement and thank you for asking this question, I’m sure so many brides would love to hear the answer.
The first step (and the most important) - choose your makeup artist wisely, look for -
· Years of experience - it is important that they have been in the industry for many years, this ensures your makeup artist is professional on all levels such as ability, time management & reliability.
· Reviews (Easy Weddings is a perfect guide as we have many reviews listed in one spot, easy to find)
· Ability of the makeup artists. Ensure there are images of all ages, nationalities & skin tones, a sign of a highly experienced makeup artist is the ability to adapt her skills across all of the above.
· Diversity - ensure your makeup artist has a full understanding of the makeup industry, look at experience such as fashion shows, teaching, TV, manufacturing and yes this is their full time job (we ensure we have all this experience)
The second step - book a trial
· We perform a personalised consultation to discuss a makeup vision you would love to achieve for your wedding day
· Share with you to a skin analysis/plan & product compatibility – this ensures leading up to your wedding you can prepare your skin to be in its best condition possible.
· If you could bring some images of makeup styles you prefer, selecting images of faces that are similar to yours (same eye colour, hair & skin tones).
· Photographically perfect makeup - we always take before and after images to ensure your makeup photographs well & you are happy with the photographic finish
· Then enjoy wearing your makeup throughout the day and see how it feels and you are comfortable with the longevity.
This is a perfect start to ensure you will have a great makeup style that you feel comfortable wearing and simply love on your special day! Thanks so much for reaching out & i wish both you and your husband (to be) all the very best on your day – Kerry x - Kerry Howell Makeup