Situated in Port Douglas, in sunny, far north Queensland, Magic Mouthfuls Catering & Events is a boutique wedding catering and events company. This top-notch company offers a range of catering menus, including seasonal banquets, cocktail-style canapes and gourmet three-course menus, among other options - there are plenty more. If you’re after something a little more specific, Magic Mouthfuls Catering & Events are more than happy to create a bespoke, tailor-made menu for your wedding, keeping in mind your budget and any dietary requests or requirements. These delicious meals are made from local produce, and are a fusion of Mediterranean and Asian flavours - which your wedding guests are sure to love! Whether you're planning an intimate wedding or larger occasion, the polite, hardworking team at Magic Mouthful are here to help with all your catering needs.
“A huge thank you to Magic Mouthfuls, Jed & his amazing assistant provided excellent food and great service which made for a fantastic wedding!! I would highly recommend Magic Mouthfuls for any special occasion. Thank you so much.” Dianne.
What you can expect when working with Magic Mouthfuls for your Port Douglas wedding:
- World-class chef. Magic Mouthfuls Catering & Events’ chef, Jed Sneddon, is an exceptionally talented professional, with years of experience in the hospitality industry. Before founding Magic Mouthfuls, Jed worked in New Zealand, Scotland and around Australia in 5-star hotels and fine dining restaurants, in both head chef and executive chef capacities. Now, he uses his experience to create mouthwatering wedding catering for couples, with some of his signature dishes published in the 'Great Chefs of Australia' cookbook series.
- Extensive menu options. From canapes and delectable mains to scrumptious desserts and hampers, Magic Mouthfuls Catering & Events delivers exceptional fare, with delicious, unique flavours impressing past couples.
- Bespoke menu. Expect a personalised experience when working with Magic Mouthfuls. Whether you’re after a tropical-themed menu to suit the location or traditional roast dinner at your wedding, this team will work with you to create the custom menu of your dreams.
- Delicious food. Have we mentioned how delicious the food is? You’ll be overwhelmed by the incredible tasting food - we’re sure your guests will be talking about the amazing food at your wedding for years to come.
- Great service. As a privately-owned business, Jed and his team offer personalised, exceptional customer service. They enjoy working with couples to create an amazing menu, and love seeing the happy faces on their wedding guests’ faces when they tuck into their dinner and dessert!
- Unique flavours. Using traditional French methods, Magic Mouthfuls Catering & Events create food with a fusion of Mediterranean and Asian flavours, resulting in divine meals. Our favourites are the garlic studded lamb leg with espresso mustard and cabernet jus and the red miso pork belly with pickled wombok and apple marmalade. Yum!
“We booked Jed for our elopement wedding to prepare a meal for four and some canapes. What he delivered was above and beyond what we could have asked for or expected. Every course was a genuine delight and without hyperbole it may have been the best meal I've had in my life. All five courses were fantastic with unexpected yet complimentary taste combinations. Jed was also excellent, helpful and a genuinely friendly and understanding person to deal with. His rates are ridiculously reasonable for what he delivers, I cannot recommend him enough.” Steven
Here’s what else you need to know about Magical Mouthfuls Catering & Events:
- Menu tastings. Magic Mouthfuls offers menu tastings, so you can decide if you’d like to book this talented catering company for your wedding. If you’d love to book them (you will, we’re sure of it) then they will take the cost of the menu tasting off your catering bill. Win!
- Cooking classes. If you love the food at your wedding and have always wanted to be a regular Jamie Oliver in the kitchen, why not take up some private cooking classes with Magic Mouthfuls? You’ll learn all about how to prepare food and combining flavours to make a tasty dish - and won’t you be popular at your next dinner party!
- Event catering. Magic Mouthfuls Catering & Events is more than happy to cater your next event, whether that’s your wedding, an intimate dinner party with your nearest friends or a 40-person engagement party. Big or small, Magic Mouthfuls would be delighted to cater your next event.
- Private chef. You might like to book a private chef for a corporate event or dinner on the beach... the choice is yours! Magic Mouthfuls can accommodate your event and deliver exceptional fare.
Can you provide a sample menu you’d be happy for us to list on your profile?
Garlic studded lamb leg, espresso mustard, cabernet jus
Szechuan beef, tomato and olive jus
Coq au vin, free range chicken, button mushrooms, smoked tomato
Roasted Barramundi, fennel remoulade, citrus soy
Roulade of truffled chicken, parmesan, grain mustard, sour cream
Baked reef fish, lemon, chilli, roma tomato, dill
Black angus beef, forest mushrooms, wasabi jus
Shellfish bouillabaisse, mussels, cockles, reef fish, squid, black bean, tomato, lotus root, chilli
Red miso pork belly, pickled wombok, apple marmalade
Salad and Vegetables
Cucumber yellow curry, coconut, water melon, coriander
Coleslaw- wombok, carrot, shallots, caper, miso, smoked paprika, yoghurt
Wok fried Ice burg, capers, tomato, basil
Burnt cauliflower, lotus root, shallots, basil, capsicum
Heirloom tomato, cucumber, feta, rocket, lemongrass balsamic
Roasted root vegetables, artichokes, thyme, ginger, aged balsamic
Petite slices of, coconut ice, gooey chocolate fudge, citrus tart
Wild berry, caramelised peanut, toasted puff pastry, popcorn Chantilly
Tropical fruit skewers mint, Sichuan pepper lime glaze
Apple Tarte Tatin, salted caramel, burnt marshmallow
Daintree vanilla Malt biscuits, gorgonzola mousse, dried apricot
Milk chocolate, white cacao, coffee cream, cinnamon crumble
“Every mouthful is purely magical! The guests just raved about each meal. Jed's culinary knowledge session was a real hit. Thank you for contributing to the success.” Samantha
“Everything was perfectly presented and most importantly delicious, we couldn't fault a thing! Even our kids were taken care of. Jed was friendly and professional and would highly recommend him!” Natasha