Situated in Burleigh Heads, La Bamba is a food truck that provides delicious, fresh and authentic Mexican for weddings - your guests will be thrilled! These exceptional caterers are a part of California Tacos, an award-winning Mexican restaurant. What awards, we hear you ask? California Tacos was crowned Queensland’s Number One Mexican Restaurant by the Restaurant & Catering Association, among other awards - no small feat.
With Californian/Mexican owners, this team pride themselves on offering authentic, delicious fare your guests will love! From tasty tacos and mouth-watering burritos to flavoursome nachos that even the fussiest eaters will devour, California Tacos are a must-have at your wedding if you’re after delicious food that leaves your guests happy, satisfied and lining up for seconds!
“Having moved from California recently we've been on a mission to find good Mexican food. We finally found it! Prices are reasonable ... good value. Food closest to authentic Mexican that we've found in Australia. Will be back soon.” Tony
What you can expect when working with California Tacos for your wedding:
- Authentic food. The Mexican/Californian owners of California Tacos bring fresh, Baja-style Mexican cuisine to all their fiestas (read: your wedding!) Expect delicious, perfectly-cooked Mexican food that your guests will be raving about for years to come.
- Fun, food trailer. Food trucks are a fantastic addition to any wedding; guests can choose what they want and they add a lot of fun to the occasion - but La Bamba is something special. The staff are friendly, the food is exceptional and the trailer is super practical.
- Delicious range. La Bamba offers a number of incredible options for foodies, including tacos inspired by Southern California, huge burritos and hot nachos with extra guac - yum! Lest we forget to mention the tortillas used in their dishes are fresh and homemade. Mmmm…
- Customised catering experience. La Bamba can create a bespoke catering menu for your wedding - you need only ask! Whether you’re after lots of spice, a vegetarian dish or simply want to ensure your favourite California Tacos order is on the menu, staff will happily work with you to create the custom menu of your dreams!
- Terrific staff members. We guarantee your guests will receive service with a smile from the La Bamba catering team. Customer service is extremely important to this lot, so expect top-notch service and lots of attention.
“The BEST tacos I’ve had in my 18 month hunt of trying to find decent tacos since moving to Australia. If I could rate it higher I would. Friendly wait staff, relaxing yet fun environment and so much flavour and freshness in the food. Look out SoCal, this taco shop is gonna give you a run for your money.” Kaimana
Here’s what else you need to know about California Tacos:
- Owners. The owners of the wildly successful California Tacos restaurant lived on the Mexican border for more than 25 years - so they know a thing or two about what makes amazing Mexican food.
- Unique offerings. From a one kilo-sized burrito to the ‘Largest Plate of Nachos in Australia’, California Tacos specialises in creating unique, delectable dishes.
- Restaurant. If you love the food served at your wedding, you and your guests are welcome to dine at California Tacos’ restaurant in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. Here, you can try some delicious, authentic-tasting Mexican food - there are plenty of options to taste! This restaurant also offers tasty cocktails, including pina coladas and margaritas, of course.
- Healthy options. Feel like something a little less indulgent? Well, California Tacos has you covered. This restaurant offers a mouthwatering burrito bowl, complete with white cabbage, citrus lime rice and black beans, and a delicious Caesar Salad option.
- Travel. This talented team is based in Burleigh Heads, on the Gold Coast, but they are happy to bring their food truck to weddings across Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay and surrounding areas.
“These guys are really good. The food is great quality, large portions but above all the service is outstanding. I would definitely recommend this place if you are in Burleigh. In particular, Teigan is wonderful.” Tracey
“The best nachos I’ve had in Australia! Fresh not soggy! Homemade corn chips. So tasty! And the margarita was perfect! The service was fast and friendly and interested in our experience. I will definitely be back with friends and would recommend to everyone I know. Well Done.” Denise