Dragonfly Cakes is a gorgeous couture cake decorating and design studio offering stunning edible masterpieces to couples in Hunter Valley and surrounding areas. They boast 10+ years of experience creating delicious wedding cakes, a variety of irresistible flavours and fillings, and a flexible, bespoke approach. From rustic, semi-naked designs to spectacular chandelier cakes, they can do it all.
Dragonfly Cakes create stunning, personalised designs to suit your unique personality as a couple. Not only do their wedding cakes look incredible, but the taste is also worth a marvel. Rich chocolate mud, caramel and banana, freeze-dried fruit crumble, white chocolate, delicious buttercream decoration, and mouthwatering ganache are just a sprinkle of the magic that awaits your tastebuds.
Whether you have a specific design in mind or are looking for some inspiration, the expert team at Dragonfly Cakes can accommodate you. Specialising in wedding cakes, they can create anything from minimalistic, classic designs and vintage iced beauties to gravity-defying chandelier cakes. Single and multi-tiered masterpieces are all available, so the choice is yours!
“Thank you, Fiona, for creating such a gorgeous wedding cake! It was absolutely delicious, and all our guests loved it. I couldn’t recommend Dragonfly Cakes enough! Fiona made the whole process super easy and went above and beyond by sending us cake samples in lockdown and bringing our customised M&M cake topper to life. Her passion for cake definitely stands out.” - Mel + Matt.
What you’ll love about working with Dragonfly Cakes for your New South Wales wedding:
- Exquisite wedding cake design. Dragonfly Cakes pride themselves on their fine attention to detail, artistic vision, and fresh, modern approach to cake design. No idea is too bold or intricate! From classy, subtle hues, marbled effects, and lush florals to vibrant, rich tones and intricate gold detailing — the possibilities are endless. Dragonfly Cakes’ creations will mesmerise you and your guests while offering irresistible bursts of flavour.
- Delicious flavours and fillings. Whether you’re a lover of classic, traditional flavours, such as chocolate and vanilla, or prefer something a little more exciting, such as mint, peanut butter, citrus and poppy, mango, lime, or passionate, Dragonfly Cakes has you covered! Their silky smooth ganache fillings, delicious, decorative buttercream, and additional ‘flavour bombs’ make the cake design and creation process all the more fun — with flavours for every taste.
- Allergy-friendly options. Dragonfly Cakes offers a wide range of allergy, intolerance, and lifestyle-friendly options, so no couple misses out on Dragonfly Cakes’ mouthwatering artworks. Gluten-free and dairy-free orange and almond meal cakes and gluten-free chocolate, white chocolate, berry, and peanut butter mud cakes are just a few examples of the flavoursome delights available.
- Passionate, attentive team. Owner and lead designer — Fiona — pours as much heart and soul into her wedding cakes as possible. Growing up with a love for all things cakes and the iconic Australian Woman’s Weekly Birthday Cake book, Fiona strives to share her passion and inspiration in creating unique, eye-catching masterpieces with her couples.
Highlights of working with Dragonfly Cakes New South Wales:
- Spectacular couture cake decorating and design studio
- Exquisite visual aesthetics
- Delicious, irresistible flavours and fillings
- Allergy-friendly options (GF + DF)
- 10+ years of experience in the wedding industry
- Easy communication via email, video apps, and in-person meetings
- Experienced, passionate, attentive team
- Hunter Region, Newcastle, and Port Stephens regions
“Fiona went above and beyond to make our wedding cake at such short notice. The guests have not stopped commenting about how spectacular the chandelier cake looked and tasted. We highly recommend Dragonfly Cakes for any wedding or event. Thank you again!” — Ebonie + Joel.
My name is Fiona and I am the owner and designer at Dragonfly Cakes, located in the stunning Hunter Valley in New South Wales. I’m a local girl, born and raised in Newcastle in a family where we love to cook and entertain, add to that a childhood of amazing birthday cakes made by my mum, it only seems natural that Dragonfly Cakes was eventually born. We have been operating now for 10 years now, specialising in wedding cakes for the last 8 years and opened our shop in Weston in 2020.
Owner | Designer