St Joseph's Guest House is an amazing do-it-yourself luxury wedding venue nestled in the heart of the MacDonald Valley, NSW. Dating back to the 1800s, this award-winning space boasts a three-level sandstone church, a naturally formed outdoor amphitheatre, stunning valley and river views, onsite accommodation, and multiple charming settings for your ceremony and reception.
Located only 90 minutes from Sydney CBD, St Joseph's Guest House is perfect for your ceremony and reception at the one location. Every inch of this unique, boutique wedding venue tells rich stories of true Australian history and boasts a deep connection to those who came before. Convict-built from local sandstone nearly 200 years ago, the ambient atmosphere and awe-inspiring architecture is undeniable.
If you’re looking for a blank canvas to paint with your individual style, décor, and catering, this renovated 160-year-old Catholic Church offers exclusive dry hire. Hosting day-time weddings only, you’ll be granted creative control. Whether you need some inspiration or already have in mind precisely what you’re after, St Joseph's Guest House provides a great list of recommended suppliers, perfect for creating the intimate wedding of your dreams.
The perks, however, don’t stop there. Striking, character-filled onsite accommodation is also available for you and your guests — boasting intricate detailing, comfortable king-sized beds, and an undeniably gorgeous natural setting, perfect for kicking back after an exciting day of festivities.
“St Joseph's Guest House is a beautiful, unique and historic venue. Steve, the owner, is super friendly and easy-going — nothing was too hard for him. The venue allowed us to construct the wedding as we envisioned and bring in our own caterers. Loved it!” — Flavia D.
"The most magical place for a dreamy wedding!!!
We had our wedding here and I cannot express how over the moon we are with the Guesthouse, the pub, and all the work Steve and Tilly did for us on the day.
It's the perfect place if you're looking for a natural and relaxed wedding setting, doubling as a little getaway. You almost needn't do much to the spaces when it comes to decorating, because they are so gorgeous and special already.
The Guesthouse is just magnificent - Steve has done an exceptional job in restoring it to keep the historic feel, whilst making it modern enough to feel luxurious and comfortable. The kitchen is fully equiped and there are so many thoughtful touches throughout the many spaces.
Our reception was held at the Settlers Arms and the food was absolutely divine, with plenty to go around and catering for everyone - all our guests were (and are still) raving about how delicious the spread was!
All I can say is, it was the most perfect, wonderful day, in the most special place - thank you, Steve, Tilly and the team for making it the best day of our lives!!!" - Sofie Teh.
What you’ll love about your wedding at St Joseph's Guest House NSW:
- Dry hire venue. St Joseph's Guest House acts as your personal blank canvas, ready to bring your enchanting wedding visions to life. From styling and live music to catering, you can let your creativity run wild.
- Beautiful ceremony and reception settings. This unique wedding venue looks as though it’s been plucked straight from your favourite fairytale book. It boasts several picturesque ceremony and reception settings, including a large forecourt, a majestic tiered hillside, spacious outdoor decking, and of course, the historic, delightful sandstone church itself! You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy and soak up the church at this fantastic relaxed venue.
- Charming onsite accommodation. You and your guests will adore soaking up the remarkable, historic atmosphere of St Joseph's Guest House’s onsite accommodation — complete with a pool. Not only do the suites provide optimal comfort and sensational Australian surroundings, but you can also arrive a day or two early to relax and settle in before the big day. St. Joseph’s Guest House sleeps up to ten of your best friends in their five lush ensuite bedrooms, complete with air conditioning, television, and WiFi — you and your guests won’t want to leave!
What St Joseph's Guest House NSW weddings are like:
- Exclusive dry hire venue
- Historic, 160-year-old sandstone church
- Exquisite, lush surroundings
- Multiple stunning ceremony and reception settings
- Beautiful onsite accommodation
- An abundance of natural light and fresh air
- Recommended list of suppliers
- Dedicated wedding planner
- Several wedding packages available
- COVID safe venue
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at St Joseph's Guest House NSW?
St Joseph's Guest House is perfect for intimate wedding celebrations of up to 100 guests.
What fees are required to secure my wedding day?
You can secure your wedding day at St Joseph’s Guest House by emailing your requested dates, book a viewing and pay your holding deposit.
Are there any nearby venues to continue the festivities?
Most couples continue their celebrations at the Settlers Arms Inn — a beautiful 1836 historic pub just down the road from the church at St Albans. They can do an amazing pork belly roast banquet style of dinner with all the vegetables and trimmings to suit everyone’s dietary requirement.
The pub is licensed until midnight. You can enjoy a live band and take over the historic pub’s rear section for your own private use. Most couples run a bar tab where the Settlers Arms Inn have a range of offerings from fine wines, champagne or top shelf spirits. Ask at the Arms (02) 4568 2111 for a full list prior to your wedding.
“This venue is one in a million. The location is stunning, and the historic church provides such a unique backdrop. Having the freedom to choose our own suppliers and decorate any way we like made our wedding personalised and cost-effective. Highly recommended.” — Arizona A.
St Joseph’s Guest House is the passion of Steve Kavanagh, your host, who saw the potential of the ruined remains of a Catholic Church built in the 1800’s.
Mr Steve Kavanagh