As the only 5-star, beachfront resort in Port Douglas, Sheraton Grand Mirage is a popular choice for destination weddings amid the lush tropics of North Queensland. The resort’s stunning surroundings set the perfect backdrop for a dreamy beachside wedding, whether you envision a beautiful ceremony on the beach, in a secluded garden nook, or on an island in the middle of the shimmering lagoon.
With a number of unique indoor and outdoor wedding venues, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing a location for your ceremony and reception at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas. You might choose to kick things off with a beautiful beachside ceremony at the Crystal Chapel, overlooking the pristine waters of Four Mile Beach.
The resort’s light-filled Ballroom Foyer is a contemporary space that is ideal for pre-reception cocktails. Your guests can enjoy delicious canapés and drinks here as you head off to take your wedding photos amongst sparkling lagoons and tropical palms. Follow this with a wedding reception in the resort’s Tropical Garden, surrounded by cascading waterfalls and lush foliage.
You’ll love working with the dedicated wedding specialist team at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas. These passionate experts will take care of every detail, handling all aspects of the wedding planning with precision and dedication, allowing you to relax and enjoy your day as it unfolds effortlessly.
“We had our ceremony on Four Mile Beach just outside the Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas and our reception on Gilligans Island; we also stayed at Sheraton during our wedding period! The staff went above and beyond anything we could have asked for and our coordinator there was outstanding!” - Amber L
Top 3 things you’ll love about your Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas wedding:
- The picturesque beachfront setting. Perfectly placed on Queensland’s famous Four Mile Beach, Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas is the perfect backdrop for a dreamy beachside wedding. The resort itself will make you feel at home in paradise as you tie the knot surrounded by lush tropical palms and sparkling lagoons.
- The flexible venue options. This sprawling 5-star resort has a variety of options to choose from when it comes to wedding venues, with spaces to suit intimate ceremonies and extravagant receptions. Choose from the picturesque beachside Crystal Chapel, the light-filled Ballroom Foyer, or the lush surrounds of the Tropical Garden.
- The 5-star resort accommodation. The Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas features 295 luxurious guests rooms overlooking the lush gardens or sparkling lagoon. The resort is perfect for wedding celebrations as it also has spacious suites and open-plan villas, ensuring an unforgettable stay in beautiful Port Douglas for you, your guests, and your wedding party.
What Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas weddings are like:
- Luxurious 5-star resort located on Four Mile Beach
- Unique indoor and outdoor tropical reception locations
- Customisable wedding packages to suit your vision
- Dedicated in-house wedding specialists
- Bespoke food menus showcasing the flavours of Tropical North Queensland
- Ceremony, reception and photo opportunities all in one place
Here’s what else you need to know about Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas weddings:
- 295 guest rooms including luxurious suites and open-plan villas
- 9 swimmable saltwater lagoon pools
- Fine dining at award-winning Harrisons by Spencer Patrick restaurant
- Free on-site parking and valet parking available
- 45-minute drive from Cairns Airport
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the resort
- 18-hole golf course designed by five times British Open winner Peter Thomson
- Rooming lists and guest reservations managed by the resort
What is the hotel accommodation like at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas?
The 5-star Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas features 295 stylish rooms including hotel guest rooms overlooking the lush gardens or sparkling lagoon, luxurious suites, swim-out rooms, and spacious open-plan villas. The resort’s bright and airy guest rooms feature deluxe marble bathrooms with deep-soaking bathtubs or walk-in rainforest showers, Le Grand Bain amenities, plush bathrobes, complimentary WiFi, and 24-hour room service.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas?
- Four Mile Beach
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Mossman Gorge
- Rex Smeal Park
- Niramaya Day Spa
- Flagstaff Hill Lighthouse and Lookout
“We had our ceremony at the Waterfall and reception at Gilligans Island at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas. It was AMAZING and everything we could have asked for. Some of our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to.” - Jenny M
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas
is a Marriott Bonvoy property where you can earn loyalty points during your wedding and throughout your stay. Here are just a few highlights of a Marriott Bonvoy wedding:
- Personalised wedding & honeymoon planning
- Earn loyalty points throughout your wedding, bridal shower, or high tea
- Redeem points during your hens or bucks party
- Use points for your dream destination honeymoon
- Special offers for anniversary dinners after your wedding
- Access VIP experiences through Marriott Bonvoy Moments
- Exclusive member rates