Petra Harmer-Shrowder from PH Celebrants is a fun, kind, and bubbly marriage celebrant with a love of adventure. This Docklands-based celebrant is an excellent public speaker, has a thoughtful, inclusive approach, and loves incorporating traditions and rituals in her ceremonies. She's also happy to officiate ‘adventure weddings’, like those on the snow, in a hot air balloon, or on a beach!
If you want a professional who values family and adventure and is your idea of a great celebrant, then you’ll want to meet with Petra Harmer-Shrowder. Situated in Melbourne’s Docklands, this Commonwealth-registered marriage celebrant is perfect for any type of ceremony – but especially weddings! Her thoughtful approach and desire to include loved ones make her a great option for couples who appreciate personal touch and want someone with a big, kind heart officiating their ceremony.
Petra is respectful of all her couples’ wishes, and understands how personal each ceremony is to that couple. She loves working with all couples to include special traditions and rituals, poems, and even a cheeky in-joke or two! Petra is happy to give special mentions to any particular loved one and will go the extra mile when crafting your unique ceremony script. Don’t worry, there are no stock-standard weddings under Petra’s watch!
With a background in film and media relations, Petra is an exceptional public speaker and can work well under pressure. If you require some extra help with your vows and getting prepared to speak in front of a crowd, Petra will happily and patiently assist. Petra was an actor after all, she knows how exciting and daunting it can be to remember lines! Whether you’re planning a traditional wedding, unique occasion, or adventure ceremony, Petra from PH Celebrants would be delighted to help you craft the ceremony of your dreams. Do call and discuss what your dream wedding is!
“Petra has a sincere and loving personality, and this came through in the biggest way during her ceremony. I highly recommend Petra as your celebrant.” – Karen
What you’ll love about working with PH Celebrants for your wedding:
- Warm and kind-hearted celebrant. Petra is a friendly, warm celebrant with a genuine interest in love and helping each of her couples to have an unforgettable wedding.
- Amazing public speaker. With a background in film and relations, you know that Petra has outstanding public speaking skills. She can read a crowd and adjust accordingly, adding any light-hearted moments and romance where necessary.
- Thoughtful, personalised ceremony. When designing your wedding ceremony, Petra will include thoughtful details and personalised anecdotes. Petra will glean this knowledge through getting to know you as a couple over Zoom or a lovely cup of coffee.
- Inclusive approach. Petra wants all your friends and family to feel included and a part of your wedding day, this is why she asks her couples if they’d like to honour anyone or give a special shout-out to a loved one.
- Adventure ceremonies. Planning a cliff-side wedding? How about saying ‘I do’ in a hot air balloon? Petra is happy to officiate adventurous weddings that are a bit out of the norm.
- Rituals and traditions. All you need to do is ask, and Petra will include any special rituals or traditions in your ceremony - in fact, she’s keen to add personal touches to your one-of-a-kind wedding.
Highlights of working with PH Celebrants for your wedding:
- Background in film, acting, and media relations
- A thoughtful, supportive approach
- All of the legal requirements taken care of
- Invaluable assistance with your vow-writing
- A bespoke, personalised approach
- Available for naming ceremonies, end-of-life ceremonies, and renewal of vow ceremonies.
“Petra is simply fantastic. She manages to achieve a perfect balance of professionalism and exuberance, so much so that a process that by all means should be entirely stressful becomes fun and joyous. It is such a comfort to work with someone who truly has your best interests at heart, and has the goal of curating weddings not for profit or selfish gain, but for the love of matrimony.” – Jonathan
Gosh, where do I start? I have lived in many countries and worked on the sea, land and air. Along the way, I picked up an MBA. I am an accomplished public speaker. I offer blended families cross-cultural ceremonies incorporating a ritual or two. I love love and have performed many ceremonies for the LGBTQIA community and offer clients flexibility for a location wedding on a beach, restaurant, snow or cliff, or back-yard or garden. The options are there so reach out and let's have a chat :-)
Owner, PH Celebrants