If a professional who values family, adventure, and trying new things is your idea of a great celebrant, then you’ll want to meet with Petra Harmer-Shrowder. Situated in Melbourne’s Docklands, this Commonwealth registered marriage celebrant is perfect for any type of ceremony - but especially weddings. Her thoughtful approach and desire to include loved ones makes her a great option for couples who’d love a personal touch - and someone with a big, kind heart officiating their ceremony.
Petra is very respectful of all her couples’ wishes for their ceremony, and loves working with them to include special traditions and rituals, poems, and even in-jokes. She’s happy to give special mentions to any particular loved one and will go the extra mile when crafting your unique ceremony script - don’t worry, no stock-standard weddings happen under Petra’s watch.
With a background in film and media relations, Petra is an exceptional public speaker and can work well under pressure. She’d also be happy to help you with your vows and prepare you so you feel more comfortable speaking in front of a crowd - Petra was an actor after all, she knows how exciting and daunting it can be to remember lines! Whether you’re planning a traditional wedding, unique occasion, or adventure ceremony, Petra from PH Celebrants would be delighted to help you craft the ceremony of your dreams.
What you can expect when working with PH Celebrants for your wedding:
- Lovely, kind-hearted celebrant. Petra is a friendly, warm celebrant with a genuine interest in love and helping couples have an incredible special wedding.
- Great public speaker. With a background in film and relations, you can guess that Petra has outstanding public speaking skills. She can read a crowd and adjust accordingly, adding any light-hearted moments and romance where necessary.
- Thoughtful ceremony. When designing your wedding ceremony Petra will include thoughtful details and personalised anecdotes, after getting to know you as a couple over Zoom or a lovely cup of coffee.
- Inclusive approach. Petra wants all your friends and family to feel included and a part of your wedding day, this is why she asks her couples if they’d like to honour anyone or give a special shout out to a loved one.
Here’s what else you need to know about PH Celebrants.
- Adventure Ceremonies. Planning a cliff-side wedding? How about saying ‘I do’ in a hot air balloon? Petra is happy to officiate adventurous weddings that are a bit out of the norm.
- Rituals and traditions. All you need to do is ask and Petra will include any special rituals or traditions in your ceremony - in fact, she’s keen to add personal touches to your one-of-a-kind wedding.
- Other ceremonies. Petra is also available for naming ceremonies, end of life ceremonies, and renewal of vow ceremonies.
“I can incorporate rituals or other elements that showcase the tradition of your heritage, or create beautiful ceremonies with a multicultural focus. From a chapel, to the water’s edge, your family home or a park or garden, whatever you choose with whomever you choose, l look forward to presenting the ceremony that's right for you.” Petra, Celebrant