Channel Ten weatherman Mike Larkan is no stranger to weddings; in fact, he’s officiated hundreds of marvellous ceremonies. A well-liked TV personality, Mike is comfortable in front of crowds and is a brilliant ceremony writer, with this fully vaccinated journalist using his word-savvy ways to craft bespoke ceremonies. Engaging and down-to-earth, Mike is a fun celebrant to plan a ceremony with.
Highlights of working with Mike Larkan:
- Engaging TV personality with charisma
- Service Excellence Award Winner 2022
- Confident, outgoing celebrant who can entertain crowds
- Has officiated countless wedding ceremonies
- Writes and personalises each ceremony
- Can suggest readings, vows, music etc
- Can bring his state-of-the-art cordless sound system
- Ask about Mike's Celebrant Package, MC package or Combined!
If you're looking for a charming and entertaining marriage celebrant to officiate your Melbourne wedding, channel 10 weatherman Mike Larkan is a superb choice - and a unique one, at that. While many might be surprised to find Mike officiating wedding ceremonies, he's actually been passionate about the industry for many years now. As a matter of fact, this disarming professional has previously played guitar in a wedding band, performed as a wedding DJ, and acted as an MC at weddings - you could say he's a man of many talents!
A successful and much-loved TV personality, Mike is known for his engaging manner, confidence, and gripping stories, many of which he writes himself - a skill he uses to craft each of his ceremonies. Indeed, Mike's ceremonies are chock-full of personal touches and are customised to the individual couple, with this world-class journalist crafting bespoke ceremony scripts that reflect his couples beautifully.
Mike does this by getting to know his couples thoroughly, with this warm, friendly celebrant offering an unlimited amount of email and telephone communication pre-ceremony. A natural-born storyteller, Mike then officiates engaging, modern ceremonies with touches of humour and romance. At weddings, he has guests enthralled, using his confidence in front of crowds to officiate occasions that are both entertaining and moving in equal measure.
Mike is as charismatic as he is talented, with this leading speaker, compere, and marriage celebrant sought-after for all kinds of special events.
"Thanks, Mike! I had a huge number of comments on how good the ceremony was - people loved it and thought you were great. More importantly, Matt and I couldn't have asked for more. It was perfect - I can't thank you enough." Sophie
What you'll love about working with Mike Larkan for your wedding:
- Highly qualified professional. Mike doesn't do things by halves, and in the case of his becoming a marriage celebrant, this is undoubtedly true. In fact, Mike graduated from the prestigious International College of Celebrancy effortlessly and now officiates roughly 50 weddings a year - no small feat.
- Unique, memorable celebrant. With Mike at the helm of your ceremony, you can expect a fun, emotional ceremony your guests will remember for years to come - after all, how many other weddings have you been to that were officiated by a TV personality?
- Warm, approachable manner. You might see him on telly most nights, but that doesn't mean Mike has a big head. Truth be told, he's an incredibly warm, down-to-earth professional with a passion for weddings. He puts each of his couples at ease with his great sense of humour, confidence, and relaxed manner.
- Celebrant with lots of experience. Since becoming a celebrant, Mike has officiated hundreds of weddings, each unique and personalised to the couple. As such, Mike is very familiar with the legal aspects of getting married and is excellent at calming pre-wedding jitters.
"Thank you so much for making our day even more special. It was a great turnout, and people are still raving on about the ceremony!! Take care, and once again, thank you very much." Rosalinda
For about 25 years I have been presenting the weather with Channel 10. I also host numerous events around town. As Ambassador of the Lost Dogs Home, and a dog owner/lover, Australia Day Ambassador and Variety Club Ambassador I'm always hosting community events. Weekends are also spent with my wife and kids (lots of sport) and catching up with friends, as well as marrying couples. I also love to travel, and do so early January & early July.