If you're on the hunt for a lovely, approachable, and fun marriage celebrant to officiate your dream wedding, then the Yarra Valley's Carey Rudd is a fantastic find.
Carey - the sci-fi-loving owner of CR Celebrancy - began his celebrant journey much like everyone else: by studying tirelessly for his Cert IV in Civil Celebrancy. However, this civil marriage celebrant has unique qualities that set him apart from the rest; most importantly, he's mastered the art of public speaking.
In fact, Carey's been named a "competent Toastmaster" by Toastmasters, an organisation well-known for developing public speaking and leadership skills. Ever the thoughtful professional, Carey uses his impressive speechwriting and public speaking capabilities to coach bridal party members, ensuring they give an engaging, well-rounded reception speech that kills on the night. It's a one-of-a-kind service that's sorely appreciated by his happy couples.
A coffee enthusiast, Carey enjoys meeting with his couples over an excellent cappuccino to discuss their wants and needs for their ceremony - whether they're planning an intimate wedding or grand affair. During your coffee catch-up with Carey, you'll notice his relaxed manner, witty sense of humour, kindness, and genuine excitement for your wedding - it's both comforting and a breath of fresh air.
Indeed, Carey is a sucker for love and uses this passion to fuel his storytelling, undoubtedly one of Carey's most admirable skills. He officiates ceremonies with such enthusiasm and energy that wedding guests cannot help but be enthralled, making Carey's weddings memorable, fun, and oh-so-enjoyable for all parties involved.
"As a wedding celebrant, I get to be the narrator of wonderful love stories. Each story is unique, it can be simple, detailed, traditional, funny or all of the above. Whichever your story is, I will always passionately tell your story the way you want it to be told.” Carey, CR Celebrancy
What you'll love about working with CR Celebrancy for your wedding:
- Incredible storytelling. Your wedding day will be one of the most memorable and exciting days of your life, and Carey treats it as such. This is why he approaches each ceremony with unapparelled creativity, and will passionately relay your unique story in an energetic, lively manner.
- Bridal party speech advice. As a longstanding member of Toastmasters, Carey is able to provide your bridal party with expert pointers and tips so they’re reception speech ready. Of this, Carey says, “I have been to weddings and witnessed the bride and groom cringing at a member of the bridal party or a wayward relative giving a poor speech. I thought offering a service to work with those that are giving a speech before the wedding would be a service that brides and grooms would appreciate. It turns out that in many cases the person giving the speech is very grateful to the bride and groom for using my speech wrangling service.”
- Fun celebrant with sense of humour. Carey is a down-to-earth celebrant with a terrific sense of humour, something he enjoys sharing with his couples. He loves nothing more than having a laugh and talking about all things fishing and Star Wars.
Highlights of working with CR Celebrancy:
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- Kind, warm, approachable celebrant
- Passionate about storytelling
- Affordable services
- Certificate IV Civil Celebrancy
“Carey Rudd is a wonderful celebrant. I have witnessed his warmth, engaging style, and professionalism on a number of occasions. He has a great sense of humour and uses in appropriate doses. Give him a call to discuss your wedding plans!” Dianne