A Stand-up Celebrant, also known as the hilariously talented, passionate Paul Bonadio, is a Melbourne-based celebrant famed for his perfect mix of humour and sentimentality. Paul boasts a comedic, storytelling approach, not shy of romance and sincerity. After years spent on the stage as a stand-up comedian, Paul’s natural charisma, confidence, and professionalism are undeniable.
If you’re looking for a Melbourne-based marriage celebrant who knows how to truly entertain your guests while sharing your love story in the most beautiful, heartfelt way, Paul Bonadio is the man for you. Boasting several years on the stage as a stand-up comedian, alongside some of the greats such as Fiona O’Loughlin and Dave O’Neil, Paul knows how to keep an audience engaged.
Paul has performed 436 and counting lively, emotive ceremonies since 2016 — each with their own spoonful of sentiment and bucket loads of laughter. He’s also written features for some of Australia’s most beloved artists, including Jimmy Barnes, The Rubens, Bernard Fanning, and Gareth Liddiard. If these accomplishments don’t scream experience, passion, and professionalism, Paul’s natural charm, thoughtfulness, and love for legal paperwork (yep, you heard correctly!) may convince you.
You can expect a lot of laughs, tears, and unforgettable moments when working with Paul. He even offers several useful features, including a Pimp My Celebrant outfit choice, a LOVE to LOLs ratio, and an online ceremony builder to ensure a smooth, enjoyable experience tailored perfectly to your ceremony desires, needs, and requirements.
“Need a celebrant? Stop looking now. You’ve found him! Despite having the "we don't have to choose the first celebrant we meet" conversation, it was clear that Paul was the guy for us from the get-go. He did such a good job. In fact, I actually received congratulations on choosing Paul before I got congratulations on choosing my husband. Paul's ceremony captured our relationship so perfectly and intimately. It was like having a long term friend conduct it for us. It was the perfect mix of laugh out loud, sentiment, and embarrassment. It was exactly us. If there were an option to give more stars, I'd give Paul all the stars. Every. Single. One.” — Kate H.
What you’ll love about working with A Stand-up Celebrant for your Melbourne wedding:
- Perfect blend of wit and sentimentality. Paul has a knack for lighthearted, fun ceremonies filled with stunning, emotive moments and, of course, some incredibly witty and personal jokes. He’s all about creating an unforgettable ceremony you and your guests will remember for years to come.
- LOVE to LOLs Ratio. From roaring belly laughter to sweet, heartfelt giggles, the choice is yours. Paul’s comprehensive and clever LOVE to LOLs ratio allows you to select the perfect amount of humour or tear-filled “aww’s” for your ceremony.
- Pimp My Celebrant. Paul boasts several innovative features, including his famed Pimp My Celebrant tool. This feature allows you to select from a sophisticated selection of Paul’s outfits for him to wear at your wedding. You’ll be spoilt for choice, with a sneaky “Bogan Classique” option he added for kicks and giggles — not realising that some couples actually prefer that look!
Highlights of working with A Stand-up Celebrant Melbourne:
- Fun, vibrant ceremonies with the perfect blend of sentiment and humour
- Years of experience as a stand-up comedian and writer
- Several useful tools and features
- Experience performing 436 ceremonies
- Fully vaccinated
What’s your ‘My Celebrant Buddy’ option?
Paul’s My Celebrant Buddy option allows you to choose your own celebrant, whether your best friend, relative, or funny mate from university, and he will take care of all the legal requirements. He also offers access to his learning centre and a series of lessons for ceremony building, including script examples, music advice, and more!
Can I have readings during the ceremony?
Paul has a super handy online ceremony builder that allows you to quickly and easily create your perfect ceremony with as many readings as your heart desires.
Can you play music for the ceremony?
While Paul encourages hiring a live band or DJ for your wedding, you are more than welcome to use his quality PA system for music.
“Paul Bonadio was incredible to work with. We could tell that he was exactly what we were after for a celebrant from our first meeting. He was very friendly and professional, and very passionate about his work. Paul is also a fantastic writer and captured our story so accurately. He delivered our ceremony so well, in a way that was both funny and romantic. We honestly could not be happier. Thank you so much, Paul, for making our ceremony so memorable.” — Natalie C.
I’m a wedding celebrant who digs his job. BIG time. I did stand-up comedy for a number of years (loved it) before entering the wedding biz and it’s been sunshine and donkey rides ever since.
I enjoy well-fitted shirts, a casual beer, and keeping active (I’m 33 but my bioscore says I’m 29 – I know right).
Mr Paul Bonadio