If a celebrant who can combine fun and humour with professionalism and efficiency sounds like a dream come true, then you’ll most definitely click with Peter Shacklady. Peter — the owner of Haeremai Ceremonies — is an absolute joy to be around (he’ll break the ice and entertain you with tales of living abroad before diving straight into ceremony planning) and will help you create the ceremony you’ve always dreamed of.
It goes without saying that Peter is all about bespoke ceremonies full of personal touches — after all, each couple is unique, so no wedding should be alike. Disarming with a fantastic sense of humour, Peter can officiate this custom ceremony with confidence and charisma, resulting in a truly memorable wedding that both you and your guests can enjoy. A jack of all trades, Peter can also act as Master of Ceremonies at your reception, informing and amusing your loved ones in equal measure.
"I began my working life always been in a position of helping and pleasing people, so this was a natural transition for me to take. I don’t take it as just a job but as an opportunity to engage with couples and help make their dreams come true. I may currently lack some experience, but I make up for this with enthusiasm, so please come on this journey with me, let’s all have an amazing celebration of your special day." — Peter, Celebrant
What you'll love about working with Haeremai Ceremonies for your Tasmania wedding:
- Enjoys helping people. Peter has a background as a chef and has worked in hotel management and PR, so it goes without saying that he's a real people person. Engaging and warm, Peter gets along well with people from all walks of life and considers it a job well done if he's helped someone.
- Can also act as Master of Ceremonies. Public speaking isn't everyone's cup of tea, which is why Peter is happy to put his hand up for MC duties. Save your brother or uncle from needing to be 'on' for the evening; Peter can direct guests, keep the night on schedule and do so with warmth and ease.
Highlights of Haeremai Ceremonies:
- Operated by a born and raised Tasmanian
- Will always go the extra mile for his couples
- Enjoys making people happy and pleased
- Background as chef and hotel management
- Well travelled and loves a good story