Laura Ryan is not just any celebrant — she's the one you've been looking for! With her warm personality, Laura takes an interest in each couple she marries, making sure that their ceremony is perfect. Laura knows that with most good things in life, the anticipation creates as much happiness as the event, and she wants to ensure that your wedding is no different.
As a Registered Civil Celebrant, Laura is fully equipped to handle all legal aspects of your ceremony, but that's not all she does. She believes that the celebrant plays a vital role in creating an authentic and memorable ceremony, and she takes this responsibility seriously. Whether you're looking for a short and sweet ceremony or something completely bespoke, Laura will guide you through every step of the way, from enquiry to signing the certificate.
What you'll love about working with Laura Ryan Celebrant for your Queensland wedding:
- A warm and supportive presence. Laura's approach is laidback yet professional — she wants you to enjoy your ceremony from the moment you start to plan it. She takes the time to get to know what makes you tick so that she can create a ceremony that truly reflects your values and personality. She'll never make any assumptions and will make sure that all aspects of your ceremony are created in consultation with you.
- Legals-only options. If you're looking for a simple, no-fuss ceremony that meets all legal requirements, Laura has got you covered with her Make it Legal package, starting at just $375. This includes the provision and submission of all legal paperwork, use of a PA system if required, and a ceremonial marriage certificate. Travel of 60km is included, with additional km incurring a travel fee.
- Short but Sweet package. Laura offers couples a Short but Sweet option, including a personalised welcome and introduction, one reading, reading examples, a professional PA system, and a few extra goodies! Travel of 60km is also included.
- Completely bespoke options. If you're looking for something completely bespoke, Laura's Bespoke package starts at $800. This fully personalised approach includes an initial meet and greet to make sure that she's the right 'fit' for your day, preparation and submission of all legal paperwork before and after the ceremony, provision of examples of readings and blessings, a couple's questionnaire, and a guide to writing your own vows. You'll also have the option to include additional readings or other elements, with unlimited contact via phone and email.
Highlights of working with Laura Ryan Celebrant for your Queensland wedding:
- A personalised approach to every wedding ceremony, ensuring that it reflects the couple's values and personalities.
- A checklist and clear communication to keep you informed and ensure that there are no surprises.
- A range of packages, from the legal requirements to a fully personalized ceremony.
- Relax and enjoy the process from the moment you start planning your ceremony.
- Optional extras, such as a Quaich Ceremony or Handfasting, to make your day even more unique and special.
Here's what else you need to know about Laura Ryan Celebrant:
Q: How would you describe your wedding ceremony presentation style?
A: I'm a very adaptable person and how I present your ceremony will depend on what you're hoping for. I'll go through everything with you, from the style of language used to the elements that you'd like included. Some people like things to be laidback, relaxed, and light-hearted, some are after a more traditional or formal style, and some are looking for a balance of both - I'm here to guide you through how that might look and how we can pull it all together to be just perfect for you! I love to deliver Bespoke ceremonies as I know that they're truly personal to the couple, but regardless of the package, it's always a privilege to be a part of your day.
Q: What’s your process with couples like?
A: I always recommend meeting before booking, in person, if possible, or over video call. This not only gives us the opportunity to get to know each other and make sure that I'm the right fit for your day, but it's so beneficial in helping me understand what you're hoping for from your day and also help you understand what the process will look like and how it will all come together. When we can sit down and have an open, organic conversation, it will inevitably lead to other relevant stories, details, questions, thoughts - all of which contribute to the planning, creation and delivery of your day! I'll provide you with lots of examples of content. And if you're going for a Bespoke ceremony I'll provide you with a questionnaire that you can complete separately or together and this really helps me set the tone! I'll be contactable for any questions or thoughts that you might have from the time of enquiry through until after your ceremony, when I've submitted your marriage for registration.
Q: Do you offer to help couples write their wedding vows?
A: When it comes to the stage of writing vows, if you choose to write your own, I'll provide a guide containing ten tips to get you started - and hopefully finished! I'll also review both of your vows, if you'd like me to, to make sure you're both on the same, or similar page! If you're not worried about this, I'll check them over anyway to make sure the legal parts are covered correctly.
Q: What’s the best review you’ve ever received from a couple?
I don't think I can pick one particular review, but many couples have commented on how, when they've met me, it was like meeting a long lost friend. Some couples have told me that it's felt like we've known each other forever and even that I felt like part of their family! On more than one occasion I've also had family members of the couple approach me after the ceremony and tell me how it was as if I'd known the couple forever too and that it's evident that I love what I do.
Born and raised in Scotland, I found myself in Australia in 2008 and have lived here ever since! I married my Australian husband in Scotland in 2014 and we now have two busy boys and two cute cocker spaniels. I love to travel home to Scotland as often as I can, and I also love to explore new places in the world – so feel free to tell me all about your honeymoon plans, I’d love to hear them!