Based in Cairns, The Singing Celebrant - also known as Andrea Allumay - is a friendly, fun and modern celebrant who is also a professional Singer, DJ & MC. Vibrant & engaging, Andrea specializes in customized Celebrant & Entertainment packages to cover your entire day. She can "sing you down the aisle" accompanied by live acoustic guitar and provide reception Band, DJ & MC options too!
“We received huge compliments and amazing comments from our guests regarding Andrea’s voice/presence/MC work. Professional, friendly and fabulous are a few words to describe Andrea!! Best music, amazing voice and would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you for being there on our wedding night – it wouldn’t have been the same without you!” Melissa
What you can expect when working with The Singing Celebrant for your wedding:
- Vibrant, friendly and charismatic. This charming professional is as lovely as they come! Well-spoken, kind, and disarming, working with Andrea on your ceremony will be a fun and memorable journey.
- Personalised ceremony. Andrea creates detailed ceremonies that are wonderfully personalised to each couple, with each element of your bespoke ceremony tailored to the tone and style of your wedding.
- Great public speaker. With a background in acting and musical theatre, Andrea is exceptional when it comes to public speaking and entertaining crowds. And if you need help soothing those pre-ceremony nerves, she’s happy to give you some tips and tricks she’s picked up over the years.
Here’s what else you need to know about The Singing Celebrant:
- Andrea can also entertain at your Reception! From Solo, Acoustic Duo, Band & DJ options, Andrea can happily tailor a package to cater to your entire day!
- MC services. As you can imagine, Andrea is a charismatic, entertaining MC at receptions! She’ll make your guests laugh, happy cry, and inform them of all the important details ('when the cake is being served').
- Musical theatre background. Andrea began her career by studying a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre at the University of Windsor in Canada, and has gone on to work in showbusiness for 15 years. From live concerts and film and television to theatre (including Christine in Phantom of the Opera and Elle in Legally Blonde), Andrea’s career history certainly has prepared her for celebrant and MC work.
- Cairns and surrounds. This award-winning Cairns-based celebrant, singer, DJ, and MC officiates weddings for couples in Cairns, Port Douglas, the Tablelands, the Daintree, and down the Cassowary Coast.
Tell us about your packages and inclusions:
- Celebrant Services
- Celebrant & DJ Service at Ceremony
- Celebrant & Live Music Service (singing & live acoustic guitar) at Ceremony
- Celebrant + DJ Service at Reception
- Celebrant + Live Music at Reception (Solo, Duo or Band)
- Celebrant + MC Services at Reception
“Well, what more could you say fab, fab, fab …. You wouldn’t consider anyone else if Andrea’s name was in the mix. What a multi-tasking true professional and an award winner to boot!” Sue
If you decide to work with me, you will soon learn that I am warm, friendly, easy going and excited to help you plan a unique and memorable ceremony that is personal to you. It is an honour to be able to facilitate ceremonies for couples who are marking such a special moment in their lives. Being a part of that is a privilege which is very special to me.