North Wangaratta's The Vine Hotel is a relaxed, country wedding venue with a rich history. Built in the late 1800s - roughly around 1880, this historic hotel was once said to be a hiding spot of notorious bushranger Ned Kelly, who apparently used tunnels to escape law enforcement. Today, the hotel stands just as proud as it did during the 19th century, with the local family who own the property having preserved the character of this Australian treasure. The pub’s original red bricks, rustic finishings, and old-time chandeliers transport visitors back in time, while newer additions perfectly set the scene for country weddings.
An ideal spot for both ceremonies and receptions, this hotel has everything a couple could need to host a memorable wedding. Let’s start with the incredible food, shall we? The Vine Hotel is near-synonymous with hearty tucker, with the venue consistently receiving rave reviews for their delicious, bountiful meals. Abundant chicken parmigianas and generous scotch fillets are crowd favourites, and could make excellent options for an alternate-drop style wedding menu. Meanwhile, guests will be thrilled by the extensive cocktail list and range of spirits, craft beer, and local wine.
This phenomenal culinary experience could only be made better by the lovely setting. Rural and relaxed, The Vine Hotel is often sought-after for its undercover deck and dog-friendly beer garden, which both provide a comfortable, scenic spot for conversation and a good drink. These sites make terrific reception and ceremony locations, too.
“Great food at reasonable prices, and very pleasant staff to match, I highly recommend The Vine for Birthdays, engagement parties or just a lovely dinner with your partner, just can't beat The Vine.” Adam
What you can expect when working with The Vine Hotel for your wedding:
- Lovingly prepared, hearty meals. If delicious, abundant pub meals are your idea of a good meal, then you’ll love the hearty fare on offer at The Vine Hotel.
- Personal, thoughtful service. Visitors of The Vine Hotel often commend the establishment for their brilliant service, attention to detail, and thoughtfulness.
- Relaxed, charming setting. This hotel is a local favourite, and it’s not hard to see why. With a laidback, inviting atmosphere, light-filled beer garden, and classic decor, The Vine Hotel is a lovely venue.
Highlights of working with The Vine Hotel:
- Delicious food that will impress your guests
- Plenty of attention and great communication
- Impressive cocktail list
- Rustic venue with laidback ambience
- Beautiful, dog-friendly beer garden
“The service, meals and atmosphere have always been outstanding! Highly recommend! Thank you for helping us create more magical moments that turn into cherished memories.” Janet