Easy Weddings Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter of the Easy Weddings Win a Honeymoon competition is Easy Weddings (ABN: 41 122 297 858) of 18 Miles Street, Mulgrave, Australia 3170. Telephone: 1800 155 122.
- Information on how to enter the Promotion and the Prize form part of these “Terms and Conditions“. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid. Participation in this Promotion is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion commences at 00:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“AEDST”) on February 3, 2020 and final entries close at 23:59 Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on July 23, 2020 (“Promotional Period”).
- Entry is only open to New South Wales, Victorian, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australian, Western Australian and Tasmanian residents aged 18 years or over (“Eligible Entrants”).
- These Terms and Conditions are based on Australian laws only and there will be no consideration of the law in the Entrant’s usual place of residence. Employees of Easy Weddings Pty Ltd, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
- To be eligible to enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants can do any of the following actions to be awarded tickets into the draw;
- Indicate they have booked an Online Easy Weddings supplier and agree to the terms and conditions of the competition. Participants must fully complete the entry form online which will be approved by the supplier that has been booked. There is a limit of one entry per supplier. Once this is approved you be given 10 tickets into the draw to win the Honeymoon. The more suppliers you book, the more tickets you will have to enter into the draw. Entries are limited to 2 per category per user.
- Submit a review of a supplier that was used by you for your wedding using the following link https://www.easyweddings.com.au/reviews/suppliers/. Your wedding must have already passed and your reviews must be legitimate and abide by Australian defamation laws which can be found here; https://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/defamation.html. Once approved, for every single (1) supplier you review, you will be awarded 5 tickets. For 5 supplier reviews, you will be given 50 tickets. For 10 supplier reviews, you will be given 100 tickets into the prize draw.
- To enter the Promotion, Online Entrant(s) must fully complete the Online Entry Form (located at https://www.easyweddings.com.au/), including their full name, address, phone number, picture, wedding date, email address and any additional information as required by the Promoter, and submit the fully completed entry form to the Promoter so it is received during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries, (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- Entries that, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, are incomplete, defaced, damaged or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid.
- All valid entries received from Eligible Entrants during the Promotional Period will be entered into the Promotion Draw (“Draw”).
- The Draw will take place on July 27, 2020, 14:00 AEST at the Easy Weddings office at 18 Miles Street, Mulgrave, 3170. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
- The first valid entry drawn (“Winner”) will win the Prize of A Honeymoon with the total grand prize value of $5,000 AUD inc GST (“Prize”).
- The Winner will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the Draw and their name and postcode (if applicable) will be published online at the Easy Weddings Website from July 29, 2020, for 28 days and on the Easy Weddings Australia Social Media website pages.
- In the event that the Winner cannot be contacted, and the Prize remains unclaimed by close of business on October 27, 2020, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed Prize Draw (a draw that takes place in the event that the winner or additionally drawn winners are not contactable). Such an unclaimed Prize draw will occur on October 27, 2020, at the same time and place as the original Draw, subject to any written directions from any relevant regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by telephone and in writing by email within two (2) business days of the Draw, and their name and postcode (if applicable) will be published online at the Easy Weddings AU Website from October 29, 2020.
- The Prize is a $5,000 (inc GST) credit for Easy Weddings Travel.
- The Winner will be required to set up a free account for Easy Weddings Travel at https://honeymoons.easyweddings.com.au/.
- Once registered, Easy Weddings will apply a $5,000 credit to the Winner’s account.
- The $5,000 credit can be used to book any of the services available on Easy Weddings Travel; including, but not limited to, honeymoon packages, flights, accommodation, food and beverage offers and excursions.
- The Winner may spend the $5,000 at their discretion; be it in one single transaction or multiple transactions over multiple dates.
- The Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Prize winners must take the Prizes as described and on the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions, and Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Any passes, tickets and bonuses issued as part of the Prizes are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets or passes are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen Prize, whichever is earlier.
- Neither the Promoter, nor the sponsors are responsible for any acts of God, including adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur while the prize winner is travelling.
- The winner is not required to be present at the drawing of the lottery in order to be eligible to win the prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in any other country (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion; including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the Winner or Eligible Entrant or (f) taking and/or use of a Prize.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate. The system cannot be tampered with in any way by any person or organisation involved in the production or distribution of the game material.
- Any cost associated with accessing the website(s) related to this Promotion is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Eligible Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Eligible Entrant invalid.
- If for any reason a Winner does not take a Prize at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited.
- As a condition of accepting a Prize, the Winner (and their companions) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter/Prize supplier/organisers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. If for whatever reason the Winner does not agree to sign such documentation, then he or she will forfeit the Prize. In the event a Winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf. All records will be kept for 3 months after the draw concludes.
- Liability for any tax arising out of participation in this Promotion (including acceptance of a Prize) is the sole responsibility of the Entrant. Entrants should seek independent financial advice in this regard.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax consequences to an Eligible Entrant for accepting a Prize included in this Promotion.
- The Winner will be required to comply with the Promoter’s anti-money laundering and countering terrorism financing procedures.
- These will require the Winner to provide the Promoter with a certified copy of any one of the following forms of current photographic identification before the Promoter transfers the prize into the winner’s name
- Photographic Driving Licence
- Australian Proof of Age with Photo (for Australian residents)
- National Identification Card from any foreign country
- The photographic identification of the Winner could be certified as a true copy of the original document by an authorised individual listed on the Department of Attorney General website for Australian residents. https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Pages/Statutorydeclarationsignatorylist.aspx
- The Winner may also be required to complete an application form so that the Promoter has all mandatory data required to complete all applicable regulatory checks including but not limited to AML and CTF checks.
- Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Promotion, the Winner agrees to the use of their name in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
NSW licence number: LTPS/20/41465