No matter how much planning goes into a wedding, the one thing that no bride can control is the weather.
Will you already be living together before your wedding day?
If you wake up to rain on your wedding day, don’t panic, it’s supposedly good luck and, believe it or not, it’s the perfect opportunity for some stunning wedding photos.
No matter what, a little rain needn’t ruin your day and, with a little imagination and, perhaps, an umbrella, you may end up with results like those below.
1. Grab a pair of Wellies to prevent your shoes from getting ruined. Pick the right colours and it will make for some oh-so-sweet photos.
2. If the extended forecast calls for rain, gifting your bridesmaids with some Wellies can help keep them dry and comfortable, too! Plus, it makes for some cute photographs.
3. Wellington boots aren’t the only rain accessory that can be used as props for some beautiful rain-inspired photos. Umbrellas can add a serious dash of romance.
4. While coloured umbrellas provide some mystery, clear umbrellas can catch those sweet private moments.
5. Feel free to get your wedding party involved in the umbrella fun!
6. Embrace the rain. Unless there is thunder and lightning, try to let your wedding photos go ahead as you had planned – and use the weather to your advantage.
7. Don’t be afraid to visit your pre-planned photograph location decked on in your rain gear and feel free to have some fun!
8. Get your guests involved! They can either help keep you dry during the ceremony or, if you don’t mind getting wet, guests can frame you with their love – and umbrellas.
9. Let your photographer be creative. Colour effects on a dreary day cam make for a stunning photograph.
10. Effects that highlight the rain can also make your rainy day photos stand apart.
80% of Australian couples use Easy Weddings to connect with their dream wedding suppliers.
Browse the directory and start planning today!