Awesome wedding proposals abound online, with folks popping the question everywhere from under sea to under the bed covers, but the things they all have in common is that they’re all very surprising – and just a little bit different. Here are some of our favourite fun proposals that the brides definitely didn’t see coming:
1. Aussie bloke Liam Cooper wanted to propose to high-school sweetheart Amy Smith in a truly memorable manner and, with a little help from a cinema, lots of family and friends – and the boys from the band Magic!, he pulled it off with aplomb. Hold on to your hankies!
Are you sending Save the Date cards?
2. One (very generous) bride and groom have orchestrated THE BEST wedding proposal ever – at their own reception, no less!
3. Watch a wannabe Wendy get swept off her feet by her very own Peter Pan, who feels like he’s “going to throw up, but a good kind of throw up” …..Sounds a lot like love!
4. This progressive car boot proposal takes the bride-to-be for a stroll down memory lane with 60 of her favourite friends and family to the tune of Bruno Mars’ Marry You. Despite being the master-mind behind the performance, hubby doesn’t have to do physically do too much….clever.
5. Lack of imagination, or just making the most of the workday? He tricks his fiance into thinking she’s about to perform an emergency C-section, and then BOOM! Pay attention, it’s all over in the first minute.
6. Slight anticlimax here, with the groom-to-be focused on optimal pose angles rather than the celebratory task at hand, but a super cute concept with friends and family secretly gathering outside to share the moment.
7. Like games? You’re going to love this Pictionary proposal. There’s something refreshingly natural and understated about this one. Minimal effort, maximum effect!
8. Getting proposed – it’s a family affair. Nothing like a bit of peer pressure to get your other half to agree. And hang on a second, isn’t that the famous guy from Scrubs?
9. How could you possibly say no to those puppy dog eyes? As one viewer commented, “I think I would pass out of happiness if I got a new puppy and engaged at the same time.” Yep, so do we.
10. The title is a dead giveaway, but you really do have to see it to believe it. Way to put a downer on a once in a lifetime moment. Both do a moderately good job at disguising their disappointment, and it all comes together in the end!
11. Grab a coffee for this one. And maybe a pen and paper. It takes you through everything from conception to question popping, and gets the restaurant staff in on the act.
What’s your favourite surprise proposal? If you or a friend have experienced a shock proposal, or you’ve had to keep secrets in the plotting stages, we’d love to hear about it in the comments!
80% of Australian couples use Easy Weddings to connect with their dream wedding suppliers.
Browse the directory and start planning today!