Naked and cake: They’re two words not often found in the same sentence, but we promise you naked cakes are not as naughty as they sound. In fact, they’re actually quite humble creations.
This back-to-basics bakery trend ditches the outer icing and garnishes of wedding cakes, leaving layers of tiered temptation on display for all to see – and munch on.
Here are 10 delectable naked cakes we couldn’t resist sharing:
1. Is that really you, sponge cake?! Unfrosted, but not uninspiring. Pair it with matching champagne varieties for a picture perfect cake table.
2. Dulce de Leche – for those unfamiliar with the language of love – literally translates to “sweet of milk”. So, basically, an irresistible concoction of all things caramel and condensed milk.
4. Autumn ceremony? Try this rustic, rose adorned naked cake fit for a farm wedding.
5. What they lack in icing, they more than make up for in floral adornments.
6. If you can’t put succulents on your wedding cake, where can you?
7. Because size matters. Almost as much as Red Velvet cake.
Are you doing your own wedding make-up or are you hiring someone to do it?
8. For when you want quality over quantity, and you weren’t really planning on sharing anyway.
10. But if we’re being honest, at the end of the day, chocolate takes the cake!
80% of Australian couples use Easy Weddings to connect with their dream wedding suppliers.
Browse the directory and start planning today!